Disney: Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

Disney is the most magical place on Earth and when you get to visit during the spookiest time of the year it is even more magical. I visited Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween party over fall break and it was amazing! The Halloween party requires a special ticket to gain entrance into the park and at 7pm everyone who does not have the ticket is asked to leave.

The first thing I noticed when I arrived was the decor. Magic Kingdom was decked out in fun, spooky fall decor. Pumpkins were EVERYWHERE and I was in love. Main Street is always a fun place to be, but throw in some spooky and the fun is maximized!

Treats were available everywhere I went in the park. Trick-Or-Treating and Halloween themed desserts could spotted on every corner. I tried a Mickey pumpkin cheesecake dessert from Gaston’s Cavern. It was amazing. It was a mix of a pumpkin pie and white chocolate. The Mickey on top was white chocolate as well. It tasted just as good as it looked.

Characters were dressed in their Halloween best and roaming the park. Parades, music, and character meet ups were constant throughout the course of the Halloween party.

The party ended with the Boo-To-You parade and HalloWishes Fireworks show. The parade was super cool, but one of the floats got stuck mid-parade and we waited almost 45 minutes before it continued again.  The fireworks show was one of my favorite parts of the day. Cinderella’s castle was illuminated with Halloween images of ghosts and jack-o-lanterns. Disney Halloween music played during the show and it was amazing!

The whole day was amazing at the park. It was spooky and fun, but my absolute favorite part of the day was when my boyfriend proposed in front of Cinderella’s castle! It had been pouring down rain and him asking made it the rain seem to go away! Overall, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party was an experience I will never forget! I recommend it for any Disney Halloween lover. I created memories I will never be able to forget!

Sarah Burden

Murray State '20

Sarah Burden is a senior at Murray State University. She is a PR major and minoring in Journalism. She is a member of Alpha Sigma Alpha and loves her ladybugs. In her free time she enjoys experimenting with makeup, drinking coffee, posting on social media and spending time with her bird. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter @sarahburden__