This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

Ever since I moved to Murray, I have started cooking for myself and for my friends in our apartment.  I discovered I was pretty good at baking my sophomore year of college and I have continued to bake and cook for fun.  On a particularly cold day a couple of weeks ago, we were looking for the perfect fall recipes to make together; but it also had to be something even a picky eater would enjoy.  So here it is: what we think would be the perfect three course meal for fall.

1st Course – Creamy Ham, Potato, and Corn Chowder.

• While it sounds tough to make, the ingredients are so easy to throw together on a cold day. This chowder sounds like it will warm you up and start your meal off right.  Find the recipe here.

2nd Course – Roasted Marinated Turkey Breast & Cheesy Bacon Brussels Sprouts

• Turkey is seriously the PERFECT centerpiece for fall.  This marinated turkey breast is so easy for friends to throw together.  With a prep/cook time of 1 hr and 45 min, this is a great bonding time for you and your friends. Find the recipe here.
  • These cheesy bacon brussels sprouts were iffy for us.  Two of us love them and the other two hate them. We’ll keep you updated on this one, since two girls in our group are convinced they won’t like it.  But I think they will. Find the recipe here.

3rd Course – Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

• While we haven’t yet tried any of the other recipes on this list, we did successfully make these whoopie pies.  And I have to say they are DELICIOUS.  These are the PERFECT end to a great meal and best served cold.  I can guarantee these will make you feel so glad that it’s fall. Find the recipe here.

I hope to make this meal with the girls soon so we can play some good music and bond with each other.  Pinterest doesn’t have to be a “fail” every time if you find recipes that really work for you.  Each of these are easy to make and sure to be a great meal.  A cup of warm chowder, a marinated turkey breast with cheesy brussels sprouts, and sweet pumpkin whoopie pies are going to be a hit in our house.  Will it be in yours?

Callie Smith is a senior public relations major with nonprofit leadership studies and theatre minors at Murray State University. She is a lover of Jesus, an avid YA reader and a listener of Broadway records. In her spare time, she loves to watch The Umbrella Academy, Arrested Development, Veep and The X-Files. She loves to bake, perform, read and spend all the time she can with her friends. Callie's plans include working in public relations for a nonprofit organization she loves. Callie is the President and Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Murray State.