This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

With Halloween fast approaching, it’s the perfect time to buy bags of candy and not feel bad about it. The only problem is there are so many different types of candy that it’s nearly impossible to choose. That’s why I’ve compiled this list of Halloween candy nostalgia. 

18. Wax lips

The name sounds questionable, but wax lips is one of those candies that you only eat on Halloween. 

17. Swedish fish

I personally don’t understand the appeal, but they’re pretty popular.

16. Almond Joy

This is one of the only candy bars with coconut, so it gets points for being unique.  

15. Candy Corn

It’s one of the most controversial candies. People love it or they hate it, but it had to make the list. 

14. Tootsie Rolls

It’s one of the most versatile candies, coming in fruit flavors and chocolate flavors.

13. White Candy Corn M&M’s

I tried them, ate the whole bag, and still don’t know how I feel about them. But they’re Halloween-themed so they’re worth a try. 

12. Nerds

The only bad thing about Nerds is how the tiny pebbles get everywhere. 

11. Gummy Krabby Patties

This is probably the most nostalgic candy of our generation. 

10. Pixy Stix

These taste great, but I question why anyone would make a candy almost entirely out of sugar and give it to kids. 

9. Twizzler Bites

The bites are ten times better than the long pieces.

8. Smarties

Smarties are pretty underrated sometimes. 

7. Caramel apple suckers

Why eat a real caramel apple when you could eat candy that tastes like it?

6. Laffy Taffy

The jokes were rarely funny, but it was always fun to read them.

5. Runts

Besides Laffy Taffy, Runts is one of the only candies with a banana flavor. 

4. Sweet Tarts

They’re Smarties better cousin. 

3. Sour Patch Kids

What could be better than a candy that is sour and sweet?

2. Mini Candy Bars

Halloween isn’t just about candy, it’s about chocolate candy. 

1. Reese’s Peanut Butter Halloween Pumpkins

As if chocolate and peanut butter wasn’t enough, everyone knows that the Reese’s holiday candies have the ultimate chocolate to peanut butter ratio and are better than the normal Reese’s cups.      

Sydney Wedbush

Murray State

Sydney Wedbush is a junior English/Creative Writing major at Murray State. When she's not reading or writing for class, she's reading and writing for fun. Want to find her in her natural habitat? Check the book store or library, and make Harry Potter references.