Apparently We All Have Been Pronouncing Chrissy Teigen’s Name Incorrectly

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

A video that has been circling social media lately shows Ariana Grande telling an interviewer that we’ve all been pronouncing her last name incorrectly. She said that it technically is gron-day, but her grandfather pronounced it gran-dee to make it sound more American.

Twitter user @caarmyn pointed out that we’ve been mispronouncing Chrissy Teigen’s name as well, and Chrissy quoted the tweet to confirm.

The real way Chrissy’s last name is pronounced?

TIE-gen, not TEE-gen!

Chrissy said that she doesn’t have the heart to correct people anymore, and honestly, I get it. She went on to say that she doesn’t ever correct people. “They can call me Janet and I won’t. Wrong order? I’ll eat it. Taxi going to the wrong airport? I’ll change my flight.”

– – –

Here’s a video of Chrissy and her mom using the correct pronunciation:

https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1041537000589783040

Lauren is a junior studying History and Education at Murray State. She enjoys reading, spends an unhealthy amount of time on Twitter, and takes long naps as often as she can. She loves the oxford comma, going to concerts, and watching Try Guys videos to avoid doing homework. You can find her on Instagram (@laurenedminster) and Twitter (also @laurenedminster).