This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

Single Ladies! Galentine’s Day is quickly approaching, and we MUST be prepared! Show your gal pals how much you appreciate them by having a fun little get-together. Here are some ideas for a rocking Galentine’s Day celebration.  

• Take pictures together 

• Set up a cute pink backdrop, get dressed up in an outfit that makes you feel your most confident, and get to posing. Not only will you get some great Instagram content, but you will have so much fun hyping up your ladies. Bonus points: Take pictures with a Polaroid and make a heart shaped collage when the photos have developed! 

• Bake and decorate 

• For me, brownies with pink icing just scream Feb. 14, but make whatever sweet treat you’d like and enjoy it with your friends! 

• Play a fun game 

• Choose a game that will get you all laughing! Cards Against Humanities, What Do You Meme?, and Slide Into The DMs are all hilarious! If you don’t have a good board game on hand, find a mobile group game to play! Heads Up is always a go-to for me and my friends. 

• Watch an Empowering movie 

• Hidden Figures, A League of Their Own, Nine to Five. Watch something that makes you feel strong, independent, and ready to crush your goals! 

Julia Cwiklowski

Murray State '21

Julia Cwiklowski is a senior studying Advertising and Marketing at Murray State University. When she isn't studying, you can find her working out, listening to podcasts, or curled up with a good book. Julia loves to cook, go on hikes and hang with her friends. After graduation, Julia hopes to work as a project manager at an advertising agency.