This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

It’s important to know how your makeup products are tested. I personally only use cruelty-free makeup brands. There many reasons why you should only use these products. Here are some great cruelty-free brands: 

Anastasia Beverly Hills

Shop Anastasia 

Anastasia is one of my favorite brands. Some of their products include the Dream Glow Kit, Sugar Glow Kit, and the Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Pallette. Majority of their products are made with beeswax and honey. This does mean, however, that they are not vegan. That being said, they have a few vegan items, such as the Brow Pomade. 

Tarte

Shop Tarte

One of Tarte’s best selling products is their Shape Tape Contour Concealer. The coverage of this concealer is one of the best I have ever used. Another amazing product by them is their Amazonian Clay Matte foundation. This is my current foundation and I am super happy with it! This product is long-lasting and it is also cruelty-free! They also sell rejuvenation oils and moisturizers.  

Colourpop

Shop Colourpop

I have never used Colourpop products, but I have heard great things. Some of their best sellers include Prep & Set Duo, No Filter Loose Setting Powder, and many eyeshadows. They sell many of their shadows separately. They also sell a wide variety of liquid shadows.

Elf

Shop e.l.f.

Elf is one of the best, high-quality drug store makeup brands in the country. I highly recommend this brand. They sell everything from primers, to brushes, to basic skincare. Their best-sellers include: their flawless finish foundation, pore clearing peel off mask, and their instant lift brow pencil. 

Too Faced

Shop Too Faced

Too Faced is best known for their Better Than Sex mascara. Too Faced has the cutest themes with the uses of pink and peach colors. This company wants to bring back glam and femininity through expression. 

Urban Decay

Shop Urban Decay

Urban Decay does a fantastic job with the variety of their eyeshadow palettes. They have Born to Run, Naked, Naked3, Naked Heat, and the Basics. Each pallette has its own unique colors. The diversity of each pallette is something I look for in picking a makeup brand. 

Annabelle

Shop Annabelle

Annabelle has 4 collections. Those being Edge, Eye-Tech, Perfect, and Holographic. Each collection includes an essential item to have a full face look. This is another great, cruelty-free brand. 

Cover FX

Shop Cover FX

One of the coolest things I have seen from Cover FX are the Custom Enhancer Drops. These trendy new droppers have been replacing name-brand, powder highlighters. Another trendy item is their Mattifying Primer with Acne Treatment. This primer has gotten a lot of great reviews from makeup artists. 

Hannah Tomes

Murray State '20

Hannah is a TV Production & Theatre/Film major. She is 21 years old. She loves cliché movies like The Kissing Booth. She loves writing script and doing short films in her free time. Hannah is also a Resident Advisor at her residential college here at Murray State University. Hannah also has a cat and his name is Esmeralda. Yes, you read that right. He is a boy with a girl name. Hannah said it's a long story.