stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

If you’re looking to lead a healthier lifestyle, these 7 tips will help you be your best self. 

1. Make a routine. Having a set routine can help you manage time better and be less stressed. As you go through your day, schedule time for homework, food and leisure. Scheduling out your time can also help you stay up to date on assignments and help you get more sleep.

2. Sleep. You should get about 7-8 hours a night. With a crazy college schedule, this is very difficult to do. However, staying on top of homework and taking time to relax before bed can help you have more time to get your beauty sleep.

3. Exercise. You don’t need to be a gym buff to get healthy, but some physical exercise is always a good idea to incorporate when leading a healthy lifestyle. Try to incorporate cardio for weight loss.

4. Eat healthy food. Healthy foods like lean meats and vegetables are an important part of a well-balanced diet. Sugary foods such as ice cream and candy should be eaten in moderation. Good foods will leave you feeling fuller longer and will give you more energy.

5. Take some time to relax. While your physical health is important, your mental health is another foundation for a healthy life. Taking time to relax and do things you enjoy can help you be less stressed and happier. Partake in activities that allow you to meditate and reflect on the week such as yoga.

6. Disconnect. Taking time away from social media can lower your stress levels and make you happier. As you live in constant contact with the world, you are bombarded with too much information. This causes stress levels to rise and, in some cases, lower self-esteem. Taking time to log off and join the real world helps bring you back down to reality and experience the people you are with.  

7. Stop procrastinating. Procrastination is a common theme among college students, but it’s actually really bad for you. When you procrastinate you mess with your sleep schedule because you stay up later trying to finish an assignment or study for a test. Getting these done earlier makes you less stressed and studying earlier has even shown an increase in test scores.

Lauren Edwards

Murray State

Hello! I'm Lauren Edwards. I'm an advertising major and accounting minor at Murray State University. I love to read, paint, play music and write. My favorite pass time is hanging out with my cat, Benjamin, and drinking a cup of tea. I want to live in England after college. My biggest aspiration is to live a life I'm proud of, and to help those around me. I follow the teachings of Buddha and my life motto is "daily gratitude and a positive attitude." "Go forth and be good humans. Spread the love, and spread the positivity."