This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

Shopping from black owned businesses online is a great way for people to show them support if you can’t do it directly. Here is a list of black owned businesses with amazing products I think you should check out!

Alaffia

Allafia is a black-owned company that offers sustainable products for all different kinds of hair and skin. Not only is their mission to alleviate poverty and spread gender equality, but the proceeds of their sales actually go back to the communities in Africa that harvested the ingredients for their products. Sometimes when you find a really good haircare company, you can expect to pay $30 per bottle of shampoo. However, Allafia’s products are affordable, can be used for the whole family, and are free of sulfates! 

Semicolon Bookstore 

Semicolon Bookstore is a black woman owned bookstore and art space in Chicago, with a shop online. Not only is Semicolon a super cool, art filled bookstore, but it is connected to a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to helping children in Chicago learn how to read by providing free books for them. Their bookstore has an incredibly diverse selection and it’s just as afforadable as your average bookstore! 

Zach & Zoe Sweet Bee Farm

I absolutely love honey, and becoming a beekeeper is no easy task. But at Zach and Zoe Sweet Bee Farm, they’ve made getting organic honey with no additives or pesitsides really easy! When their son was having sesonal allergies, they read that honey can help with pollen exposure, eventually making it to where their son’s allergies would not be as bad. Now, they produce their own honey that you can get in all different flavors, like lemon, ginger, and lavender. Sounds tasty!

Ivy’s Tea

Finding a good tea that isn’t extremely expensive can be hard. However, Ivy’s Tea makes it really simple! Their owner, Shanae, studied herbalism and uses ideas from African holistic healing to create the best blend of ingredients for the body, and they sound delicious! Flavors like blood orange and “not coffee” really caught my eye! At $13 for 14 cups of tea, you truly can’t beat the price. 

Good Vibes All Purpose Cleaner

Good Vibes All Purpose Cleaner is an all natural cleaner that can be used on almost any surface, like the carpet, leather, bathtubs, countertops, sinks, and just about anywhere else in your house you can think of. When Ymani Efunyale’s son accidentally ingested some regular cleaner, she knew it was time for a better option. Her cleaner is only made with water, vegetable based soap, vinegar, and cleaning salts so it is better for the house, and it’s okay to use around kids. She offers tons of different scents, like sandalwood and sagilmint, that are highly reviewed! And of course, her products are very reasonably priced at $10. 

Of course, if you want to shop from smaller black owned businesses, you can use this Etsy link to be taken directly to a list of shops. Though it may just be a small task for us, ordering from these businesses can mean the world to the creator. Even if you can’t buy right now, showing your support for these businesses online can help them get more recognition and customers to boost their sales! 

Taylor Moore

Murray State '24

Taylor Moore is currently a sophomore at Murray State University majoring in Advertising. On campus she is part of the Honors College, Ads Club, Springer-Franklin RCC Executive Board, and Her Campus! When she isn't in her classes, she enjoys kayaking, hanging out with friends, crafting, and other on campus activities.