3 Movies & Shows On Netflix That Can Educate People On The Struggles Of Being a POC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

#1- 13th 

13th is a documentary surrounding the American Prison System and how, due to systemic racism, it disproportionately targets POC, predominantly Black people. 

#2- When They See Us

When They See Us is based on a true story about how five teenagers from Harlem are accused of a brutal attack that they did not commit. This limited series portrays the pinning of the crime on these teenagers and the blatant racism against these boys from the hands of law enforcement. 

#3- Moonlight 

Moonlight is a coming-of-age story surrounding a black gay man living in Miami. This story is heart wrenchingly raw and portrays the discrimination of skin color and sexuality. 

Skylar Baker

Murray State '24

Skylar Baker is a Biomedical Sciences Major at Murray State University. Her on campus activities include being a part of the Murray State Honors College, and participating in the Pre-Health Professionals Club, the Environmental Student Society, and of course Her Campus at Murray State! She is originally from Paris, TN and enjoys playing tennis and hiking when she is back home.