10 Essentials You Need In Your Closet This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

I know I’m not the only one that loves everything about the fall season! What’s not to love? We’re blessed with pumpkin patches, perfect weather, pumpkin spice lattes, haunted houses, and so much more. With all of the events happening during this season, it’s important that we have essential clothing pieces in our closet! Here are 10 essentials you need in your closet this fall.

1.) Olive Green Jacket 

This fall, a basic staple piece that can compliment any outfit is an olive green jacket! 

2.) Blanket Scarves 

Blanket scarves make for great accessories and layering pieces! 

3.) Brown Booties 

Since all of the colors in fall follow such a similar color pattern, we can assume that a pair of brown booties will go with every one of your outfits. I know I can barely keep my feet out of mine! 

4.) Cardigans 

Oversized cardigans also make any outfit a cute one. Plus, they keep you warm while staying stylish! 

5.) Sweaters 

No matter what, when you throw on a sweater, your outfit will speak for itself! 

6.) Oversized Jean Jackets 

In my opinion, an oversized jean jacket should be in your closet year round! 

7.) Knee High Boots 

With the seasons changing, it can be a little hard to get rid of all of our short dresses so soon. With the help of knee-high boots, we are able to still wear short things while keeping our legs warm! 

8.) Wide Brim Hat 

Wide brim hats come in all different colors. Fall makes me so happy because of all of the different accessories it brings!

9.) Beanies 

Keeping your ears warm in style. ;-) 

10.) Brown Riding Boots 

Another basic staple I think everyone needs in your closet this season! 

I hope everyone has a blessed fall season!

-km  

Kennedy is a California native living in Murray, KY.  Her focus is Public Relations while she minors in Organizational Communication.