This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

I am no stranger to streaming platforms. I used my best friend’s Netflix account until I finally got my own. I have free Hulu and Showtime through Spotify and my Amazon Prime gives me an Amazon Video subscription. So when Disney announced Disney+ was coming out in November, I decided I had to have it. A relatively cheap ($7/month) way to watch old DCOMs, Disney movies, Disney Channel TV shows and SO much more, Disney is giving us more than we ever asked for. So I’m giving you an article you never asked for. My roommates and I (mostly me) compiled a list of the top ten things we can’t wait to re-watch!

TV Shows

1. Wizards of Waverly Place

I can’t wait to have the Russo family back on my TV. I remember sitting down to watch the premiere of this show and now I can binge it any time I want? Sounds like magic to me. 

2. Sonny with a Chance

This show was special to me for whatever reason.  Was it the show within the show? Was it the will-they won’t-they relationship between Sonny and Chad Dylan Cooper? The world may never know. When it premiered in 2009 (I was in the fifth grade for reference) I desperately wanted to be an actress so when I watched this show I really thought it was how Hollywood worked. Smh. 

3. Lizzie McGuire…and the reboot

While I wasn’t the biggest Lizzie McGuire fan growing up (the movie is more my speed), I appreciate her for what she’s worth. She taught us more than we give her credit for. With the reboot now in the works for Disney+ (thank you Lord for giving us the original cast), I’m fully expecting a Lizzie revolution. Will we finally see Lizzie and Gordo together? My pre-teen heart can’t handle this. Thanks, Disney. This IS what dreams are made of. 

4. The Suite Life of Zack and Cody/The Suite Life on Deck

Grouping these together because I’m chaotic and no one can stop me!!! I quote these shows at least once a week and have so many memories of watching them with my friends. I miss the simpler time of wasting money on the phone with my best friend, laughing at everything we saw on TV. I miss Zack and Cody and London and Maddie. I desperately wanted to stay at the Tipton. I still can’t decide between AM or FM. 

5. Even Stevens

I was a little too young for this show when it was on, but buddy do I miss it. Even Stevens was my go-to late-night TV show. Similar to Lizzie, I much prefer the movie version of the show. I had the biggest crush on Shia LeBeouf and desperately wanted to be Christy Carlson Romano when I grew up. This was funny and mature and one of Disney Channel’s best. 

Movies

1. Hatching Pete

I’m gonna say it…This DCOM is severely underrated. Two of my Disney crushes (Jason Dolley, Mitchell Musso), a SOLID storyline of best friends and testing their limits, AND a chicken costume? This movie really did it for me. I said it once and I’ll say it again: I. Miss. The. Simpler. Times.

2. Herbie: Fully Loaded

I can’t lie. I listened to my CD of the soundtrack so many times I broke it so it’s safe to say I’m a BIG fan. Lindsay Lohan was in her prime here and can we TALK about this cast???? Lohan, Justin Long, Michael Keaton, Breckin Meyer, AND Matt Dillon. Not to mention all the NASCAR cameos in the movie. Lindsay Lohan rightfully won a KCA for this in 2006 and all was right in the world. 

3. Minutemen

I vividly remember watching the premiere of this movie and it quickly became my favorite (right behind Starstruck) because I watched it SO MANY TIMES. Jason Dolley was the love of my life (you see the theme?), Nicholas Braun (the guy that I know from Sky High and you know from Succession) was there, and the second great love of my life Luke Benward came together in quite easily the coolest movie my tiny pre-teen brain could come up with. Time travel? High school? I had so much to look forward to… 

Those snowsuits get me EVERY TIME.

4. Sky High

A superhero movie without being bored by an actual superhero movie??? SIGN ME UP. I wanted to have superpowers so I could go to Sky High with those kids more than anything in the world. Was I a hero or was I a sidekick? (I am a certifiable sidekick, no gym requirement needed.) Would I fit in with Will’s friend group? (Maybe?) Would I have a crush on Warren Peace if I actually knew him? (100% Absolutely.) …I just wanted to go to the cool school in the sky y’all. 

5. Stuck in the Suburbs

I have to admit this isn’t my favorite DCOM but it IS one of my best friend’s favorites and it wouldn’t feel right not mentioning this one. Hope has loved this movie forever and I’ve watched it on her behalf more than once. I wanted to find Jordan Cahill’s (who I still cannot believe was Taran Killam) phone somewhere and have him perform a private concert for ME. I wanted to be Brittany and Natasha so bad. I wanted to live the Disney dream. 

So, yeah. I think I miss old Disney more than I care to admit…and I desperately wanted to live that Disney life. Join me in binging all of this when Disney+ debuts on November 12. 

Callie Smith is a senior public relations major with nonprofit leadership studies and theatre minors at Murray State University. She is a lover of Jesus, an avid YA reader and a listener of Broadway records. In her spare time, she loves to watch The Umbrella Academy, Arrested Development, Veep and The X-Files. She loves to bake, perform, read and spend all the time she can with her friends. Callie's plans include working in public relations for a nonprofit organization she loves. Callie is the President and Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Murray State.