This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

Nothing says fall like the perfect delicious dessert. But why stop at one? Fall desserts are a must-have in the kitchen. There’s nothing like baking a homemade apple strudel with your friends and family to kick-off our favorite season. The best part about cooking is that you can mix it up! So don’t stop at the basics, get creative and try out these 10 dessert ideas.

1. Pumpkin Pie

Image via Element5 Digital

Okay, so maybe one basic. Don’t cheat yourself by skipping out on this staple of fall desserts. Not to mention, it’s easy as pie to make!

2. Pumpkin Brookies

Image via Rasmus Mikkelstrup

Get your sweet tooth fix with a brownie and cookie mix. If the final product doesn’t look quite like this masterpiece – who cares so long as it’s tasty!

3. Cinnamon Apple Cake

Image via Jennifer Pallian

Apple matters just as much as pumpkin! Fall invites all the favorites to the kitchen, and cinnamon apple cake is top of the list to bake!

4. Caramel Stuffed Cookies

Image via Jordane Mathieu

Not everything fall is pumpkin and apple. Switch it up with warm caramel stuffed cookies. This tasty treat is easy to make and worth all added calories.

5. Apple Cider Pound Cake

Image via Charles Deluvio

Go bananas (more like apples) in the kitchen with an apple cider pound cake. But if you don’t bake it, do yourself a favor and at least buy this at the store. It’s worth it.

6. Pumpkin Cheesecake Stuffed Monkey Bread

Honestly, is monkey bread really a dessert? Breakfast is the best time to eat it, but I’ll happily eat pumpkin cheesecake monkey bread for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert!

7. Soft Apple-spice Cookies

The apple to my eye! You can never go wrong with baking a classic cookie, so add a little spice!

8. Pumpkin Pie Milkshake

Different… but delicious. Perfect for milkshake-fanatics, and a necessity if you’ve never tried the pumpkin pie flavor.

9. Cinnamon Apple Cheesecake Bars

This is the apple of my eye! Cheesecake with a dash of fall? 10/10 would recommend.

10. Apple Crumble with Vanilla Ice Cream

The best for last, my personal favorite: apple crumble. And let’s be honest… this is a year-round dessert. So many ideas and recipes for fall desserts are out there waiting to be baked. And who doesn’t love a sweet dish during the best season!

Cady Stribling

Murray State '22

Cady double majors in English and Journalism at Murray State University. In her free time she loves reading, dancing, and watching Mean Girls (obviously). Her favorite memory is swimming with dolphins - which is also her favorite animal. She is an avid supporter of the Oxford comma; her sweet tooth is never ending as is her passion for musicals. Cady hopes her future profession includes writing, traveling, and eating a plethora of ice cream.