This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MUJ chapter.

C.L.B/2021

Fans all around the world have been eagerly waiting for Drake’s 6th studio album; well, the wait is almost over. Rumors about the project surfaced over the internet when NFL’s wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. also known as OBJ, said that the album will release on 1st Jan.

Drake shared a teaser for his upcoming album with visuals of the hip hop superstar recreating some of his iconic album covers, specifically, “Take Care”, “Nothing Was the Same”, and “Dark Lane Demo Tapes”.

The news had got all the fans excited about the New Year’s Day Release, but unfortunately, the album did not drop that day. DJ Akademiks claimed that he spoke with Drizzy directly and that the album’s release has been postponed due to the rapper’s knee injury.

This project has created a lot of hype all around the world. Drake being an icon adds so much value and meaning to his music. Before Drake releases his new album, let’s look back into his accomplishments this year. The rapper kicked off the year 2020 with “Life is good”, a hit single with frequent collaborator and close friend, Future. The song was ranked at number two on the Billboard Hot 100 and has since been certified 7x Platinum. This was just the beginning for Drizzy; he later released “Dark Lane Demo Tapes”, his 2020 mixtape. Besides all this, Drake still took out time for features on with verses on Lil Yachty and DaBaby’s “Oprah’s Bank Account”, DJ Khaled‘s “Greece” and “Popstar”, 21 Savage and Metro Boomin’s “Mr. Right Now”, Bryson Tiller’s “Outta Time”, and Lil Wayne’s “B.B. King Freestyle”.

Certified Lover boy, Drake’s 6th studio album was announced right after the release of his 2020 mixtape, “Dark Lane Demo Tapes”. C.L.B was supposed to be a “summer 2020 album”. However, while celebrating his 34th birthday, the rapper revealed that the album would instead be released this coming January. So far Drake has released the project’s lead single “Laugh Now, Cry Later”, which was nominated for a Grammy Award last month.

Earlier this week, the rapper hopped on Instagram to update his fans on his recovery. The Toronto native shared a video of himself taking his “first confident steps”. Drake also took to the comments section and wrote ”They hated on Views just like they will CLB (Certified Lover Boy) but its music to evolve to”. Drake has always been vocal and dealt with criticism positively. However, “Views” was one of Drake’s most controversial albums. With a comparison drawn between “C.L.B” and “Views”, the fans will have to just wait and see what’s in store for them. With his recovery coming through and the album set to release in January; the fans can expect the album to drop anytime this month!

– ovo love.

ECE Major, Content Writer, Graphic Designer.
Sometimes you’ll find me spending the entire day outdoors and at other times buried in a book, there’s no fix really. An engineer in the making.