This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MUJ chapter.

-By Swati Joshi

A point of view: Your friends and you sit down to have a cup of tea in your dorm casually chatting about the ups and downs in life. Every time, you end up sharing the struggles you go through and the pain that society forces us to endure just because you are a woman. The get-together ends with all of you hugging each other with teary eyes. Each one of you feels heard and accepted.

This is what having a feminist club feels like. A feminist club is activism. It’s a creation of a safe space to talk about your sufferings and creating awareness. It is a representation. It exposes you to the social, political, and economical aspects of feminism. It eradicates the notion of pseudofeminism and rape culture. It is a firm stand for the right.

The feminist club is your voice that demands to be heard. It is an echo of your rights. A feminist club makes sure your voice is not lost in the void.  

The feminist club is also a friend that guides you into coloring your hair, find the right bra size, and tells you what to watch and what not to watch. It tells you what to wear on your first date and what kind of heels would match your attire.

A feminist club has got your back. It exposes you to a lot of opportunities. It tells you that you do not need to get that corporate job of 9-5 if you do not want to. It helps you explore opportunities. It helps you think out of the box. To be the person you want to be unapologetic.  

If you have a feminist club, be a part of it. If you do not have a feminist club, start one. Share your views and perspectives with the world. Your voice will be heard.

I am a psychology student as well as a freelance content/copy writer.