diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Women’s Health: 15 Types Of Food To Eat Before You Go Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

Hey, y’all! Ever wonder what to eat before going to the club, bar, frat, srat, etc? You’ll definitely want to eat something that will prevent you from getting drunk off of that second drink #true. ALSO, your body will thank you later because you’ll totally prevent yourself from getting sick and throwing up the food you ate for dinner! Believe me, we’ve all been there!

Here is a list of food ideas that are seriously great to eat before your night begins!

1. A huge salad packed with dark greens, avocado, chicken, almonds, and whatever else you like in salad!

2. Cheeseburger #ugh

3. Turkey burger (for those that don’t eat red meat #praise)

4. Egg/cheese/avocado toast!

5. Steak

6. Roasted chicken

7. Fish

8. PB&J!

9. Hummus with lots of veggies to dip!

10. Smoothie with chia seeds, kale, fruits of choice, protein powder

11. A common GQ favorite- chicken tenders and fries #literally

12. Another GQ favorite, bagel bomb!!! #bomb.com

13. Grilled chicken, salad, baked potato! #yassss

14. Turkey sandwich!

15. Or just go to Wegmans and load up on their delicious pre-made food #eatthat

GUYS, there is a common thread throughout this list of food! It’s #PROTEIN for days. Protein is the key ingredient that you want to be eating before going out drinking. Despite what some might say or think, protein is what will fill your stomach and get digested in a proper way, which will also help move that alcohol along.

You may be wondering, “but I thought carbs were good to eat beforehand?” As Meghan Trainer would say, “Nah to the ah to the no no no…” Seriously though carbs are delicious, carbs are great if you’re going to run a marathon the next day, but carbs are not great when you’re about to go out and take 5…maybe 7 shots. The reason is because carbs sit in your stomach and literally absorb the alcohol you’re drinking, which causes the alcohol to sit in your stomach longer, causing a drunker you. If you want to be smart, you’ll not only eat those fries, but you’ll eat the burger as well. OUR BODIES NEED PROTEIN.

Enjoy your night out and go #ham, but make sure you take care of yourself!!! Protein is good, protein is life, protein is #bae. Like. Don’t not eat carbs, but make sure that pizza isn’t your only meal. No one wants to throw up pizza.

Anyway, I hope this is helpful! Enjoy the rest of your semester (#crying) and party it up these last few weeks! Health with me one last time, next week, because I’ll be writing my final article on how to get in shape, not just for the summer, but for the rest of your life! YAY BEING HEALTHY #realvibes 

HELLO! My name is Sabrina and I'm a Muhlenberg senior theatre major with a concentration in acting, so I love to play! Health is something that I'm super interested in, and I want to get other people interested in it as well. In case you want to know more about my health process, I have a personal blog where you learn more about me and how I deal with it while at school and back home...basically all of the time we are all #healthing. Check me our here: https://sweetbowlofkale.wordpress.com and on HerCampus so we can all be happy and healthy together :)