Hey y’all! It’s Sabs here again and I’ve been sick for over a week now and it sucks! Symptoms like blowing my nose non-stop, sneezing, coughing, not being able to breathe, feeling like my head is 1,000 pounds. These are literally only a handful of the shitty #feels.
I know the Muhlenplague is going around again, especially with this weather, #blizzards #sun #glarce #ugh, so I’m here to give you some tips to prevent sickness but also to cure the sickness! Because let’s be real, no one wants to feel shitty. As ‘Berg students, we all have wayyyyy too much on our plates to be sick. So with that, here ya go!
To Prevent Yourself From Getting Sick:
1. Eat vegetables, especially those dark leafy greens!
2. HYDRATE all the time. All. The. Time.
3. Take a multivitamin and a probiotic if you can!
4. Get a consistent amount of sleep every night.
5. Wash those hands. I know it’s common sense, it’s just as a friendly reminder ;p
6. Carry Purell around with you.
7. An apple a day keeps the doctor away! I’m not sure if this is myth, but why not try it? Apples are yummy.
8. Take some personal, you time. Be selfish with yourself. It’s ok sometimes!
9. Wear the right attire outside! It’s cold!
10. Mind over body. Tell yourself you are not sick. Don’t give yourself the cold.
To Get Rid of Being Sick:
1. Again, hydrate! Drink as much water as possible! Always have water with you, always!
2. Drink tea! Especially hot water with lemon and honey! Super good for a sore throat, and if you’re coughing too.
3. Buy Emergen-C, or buy some oranges and eat like 2 per day! Basically just get tons of Vitamin C in you! Supplements work as well.
4. SLEEP AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, WHENEVER AND WHEREVER YOU CAN. #Zzzz
5. Say “NO” to parties— just while you’re feeling shitty, and then you can go hard.
6. If you are not vegetarian, chicken soup is your bff <3
7. Green juices. Just try it. You might like it. They’re so good for you!
8. Gargle with salt water, as much as it’s a pain in the ass!
9. Hot AF showers—cleanse those nostrils of nasty gunk.
10. Lots of Netflix & Chill #yasss
11. No dairy! Don’t do it. It’ll make your throat all icky.
12. Carry the essentials: Soft tissues, Excedrin Migraine, Lip Balm, Nose drops, Heating Pad, DayQuil/Nyquil, Emergen-C (as I said before)
Beware the Muhlenplague y’all!
And if you’re feeling like you might be getting sick, take precaution! Doesn’t mean you won’t get sick, but it’ll help! Stay healthy and mindful of your body. Take care of yourself!
Lots of love, stay well, and health with me next week! Get ready for my next article: 15 ways to cure your hangover!