The West End World of Food Festival

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

Image Credit: Google

This past Saturday something wonderful occurred in the streets of Allentown…. a food festival!  The West End World of Food Festival took place from 11 AM to 10 PM on 19th street between Tilghman and Liberty.  The event was awesome and included numerous food trucks and vendors, craft vendors, children’s activities, and live music.  It was the perfect way to spice things up in what is at times a mundane Allentown setting.

When my friends and I got to the festival, you could instantly hear one of the live bands performing throwback covers.  Food trucks and stands took over the streets, and it was so overwhelming trying to decide what kind of food to get.  They had a burger truck, taco trucks, a smoothie truck, sushiritto truck, and much more.  I ended up getting food from a stand called “Caribbean Noodles” that was serving noodles and veggies with different sauce options.  I was not disappointed, but I still wanted something else because one meal is never enough for me! I ventured over to the food truck BlendLife and got an acai bowl, which for those who don’t know, is basically a very thick smoothie in a bowl with granola and fruit and honey on top.  I’m very picky about my acai bowls and I thought this was one of the best ones I’ve had.

Image Credit: Google

My friends and I sat down on a spot in the grass and enjoyed our food and listened to the live band.  My one friend got crazy French fries topped with Philly cheese steak, cheese, and bacon bits, and while it was a heart attack waiting to happen, it was worth it.  After we finished eating we decided to explore the other types of activities and vendors the festival had, and I found out that there is a pottery place in Pottsville called Mud and Maker where you can go and paint pottery.  I never realized that Allentown and the surrounding cities had so many cool things to offer.  My friends and I really wanted to go all out and get our faces painted, but we decided to save that for another time.  I did, however, get a caricature done of myself.  The guy made me look very unattractive, which was unfortunate, but it was a fun experience- all in all, the festival was a great time and I hope more things like this happen in Allentown in the future.    

Sadie Katz

Muhlenberg

Sadie is currently a Junior at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, Pennsylvania. She studies Media and Communications and Music. She was born and raised in Los Angeles, but NYC has stolen her heart. She loves the beach, fall, sushi, gnocchi, and most other foods. You can find her at Eataly in NYC in her spare time. Sadie hopes to live in NYC one day, working in either PR or social media.
I'm Darling, I'm 21 years old and I go to Muhlenberg College. I am a double major in Public Health and French.