sean o KMn4VEeEPR8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sean o KMn4VEeEPR8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

Everyone has their favorite songs that they listen to all summer long, and this year is no exception. Summer 2018 has had many anthems from a variety of artists and genres. Many artists like Drake, Ariana Grande, Chance the Rapper, and John Mayer have all brought us many hits of the summer. Here are the top songs that define Summer 2018!

DJ Khaled – “No Brainer” (ft. Justin Bieber, Chance the Rapper, Quavo)

DJ Khaled never fails to create collaborations that are played all summer long. This song is definitely reminiscent of “I’m the One” from last summer, both featuring Justin Bieber, Chance the Rapper and Quavo. This hip-hop hit is a favorite, but can it be compared to “I’m the One?”

Drake – “In My Feelings”

Drake has been dominating all summer with his newest album release Scorpion. While the whole album has had amazing feedback from fans, “In My Feelings” is possibly the most played, especially with the In My Feelings Challenge. A number of songs from this album are on the top 100, and this recognition is well deserved.

Ariana Grande – “Breathin

Ariana Grande’s recent album Sweetener has been greatly anticipated, and its release on August 17th did not disappoint! While “God is a Woman” and “No Tears Left to Cry” are both hits on Spotify and iTunes, my personal favorite right now is “Breathin.” It’s upbeat energy and inspirational message have made it a Summer 2018 anthem.

Chance the Rapper – “Wala Cam”

Chance the Rapper has not released any new songs for a while now, so when he released four new tracks this summer, fans went crazy, myself included. While his latest album, Coloring Book, was amazing, it was released in 2016, and it was time for new songs from Chance. “Wala Cam” is a chill and fun hit that’s perfect for Summer 2018!

Troye Sivan – “My My My!”

Troye Sivan is an Australian singer who has a large online following and has inspired fans by coming out as gay. He recently released “My My My!”, which is the first single from his upcoming album. He has had great success with this pop hit with an upbeat, positive message that is hard not to love!

Cardi B – “I Like It”

Cardi B first caught my eye after watching her interview with Jimmy Fallon. Ever since I have loved her and her music. She is unapologetic and not afraid to be herself, and that translates into her music. Her song, “I Like It”, from her recent album Invasion of Privacy is a perfect mix of trap and salsa music, infusing pop and Latin styles together, making it one of the biggest hits of Summer 2018.

John Mayer – “New Light”

Although John Mayer is not known for his upbeat pop songs, his chill and easy going style is a perfect balance for all of the other Summer 2018 songs. I have been a huge fan of John Mayer ever since I was ten years old, and “New Light” has definitely reminded me of his talent. Not only is he an amazing songwriter, but he is also an incredibly talented guitarist, and that shows in this new single with the groovy riffs and beats that are reminiscent of the 80’s.

Childish Gambino – “This is America”

Childish Gambino, also known as Donald Glover, is a rapper, actor, producer, and comedian that released “This is America” earlier on in the summer. The song and the music video are extremely powerful, both touching upon the history and present discourse surrounding race and gun violence in the country. Along with the powerful message, this song has been on Billboard charts, making it a summer hit.