This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

It is officially spring, which means there is a whole slew of new movies about to premiere. Here is a list of some of the movies coming to a theater near you in the coming months.

March

22nd : Us directed by Jordan Peele. The latest psychological horror thriller from the director of Get Out hit theaters on March 22, 2019. The film stars Lupita Nyong’o, Winston Duke, Elisabeth Moss, and Tim Heidecker. The film is about a family who gets confronted by a group of doppelgängers.

29th : Dumbo is the latest in Disney’s series of live action remakes of their classic films. Directed by Tim Burton, this iconic film premieres on the 29th of March. Lucy DeVito, Eva Green, Colin Farrell, and Danny DeVito star in the film. The movie depicts how an elephant with ears that enable him to fly helps save a circus. This movie is to be the first of a few live action Disney films coming to theaters in coming months.

April

5th: Pet Sematary is directed by Kevin Kolsch and Dennis Widmyer. Thirty years after the original, Pet Sematary is returning to theaters. It is a thriller/horror film based on the 1983 Stephen King novel of the same name. The movie is going to star Jason Clarke, John Lithgow, Amy Seimetz, and Naomi Frenette. The movie is centered around Louis Creed, his wife Rachel, and their children Gage and Ellie and how they come to realize that there is a “pet sematary” next door after their cat dies.

12th : Little is directed by Tina Gordon. Fans of movies like 13 Going on 30 and 17 Again will enjoy this upcoming April 12th release starring Justin Hartley, Regina Hall, Masai Martin, and Tone Bell. It is a fantasy-comedy film about a woman, Jordan Sanders, who gets transformed into her younger self after becoming overwhelmed with the pressures of adulthood. She then seeks the help of her assistant April.

26th: Avengers: Endgame directed by Anthony Russo and Joe Russo starring Scarlett Johansson, Brie Larson, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr, Josh Brolin, Karen Gillan, Bradley Cooper, Mark Ruffalo, and more will premiere on  April 26, 2019. The movie follows the events of Avengers: Infinity War, and it has Marvel fans on the edge of their seats, waiting to see what is going to happen. I am not going to say anything else in order to avoid spoilers. With the movie just over a month away, there is still time to rewatch your favorite MCU films or start from the beginning in preparation for superhero movie event.

May

10th:

Pokémon Detective Pikachu is directed by Rob Letterman and starring Ryan Reynolds, Suki Waterhouse, Justice Smith, Kathryn Newton. It is a science fiction, action, comedy, and mystery film. Ryan Reynolds voices a talking and intelligent Pikachu who is trying to become a detective.

The Hustle, directed by Chris Addison, starring Anne Hathaway, Rebel Wilson, Tim Blake Nelson, and Alex Sharp will also be released on April 10, 2019. Anne Hathaway and Rebel Wilson team up in a remake of the 1988 film Dirty Rotten Scoundrels as scam artists to take down the men who have wronged them.

17th :

The Sun Is Also A Star is directed by Ry Russo-Young. Based on the young adult book by Nicola Yoon, this film stars Yara Shahidi, Charles Melton, Faith Logan, Gbenga Akinnagbe. Natasha meets and falls in love with Daniel, the son of Korean immigrants when her family has less than twenty-four hours before they’re deported to Jamaica.

A Dog’s Journey, directed by Gail Mancuso, will be released April 17, 2019. A follow movie to A Dog’s Purpose, this film stars Jake Manley, Betty Gilpin, Dennis Quaid, and Josh Gad. The movie, once again, follows the dog, Bailey, and the journey he takes through many different dog lives and the promise he makes to his boy, “Ethan.”

24th :

Aladdin, Disney’s next live action film, is directed by Guy Ritchie and stars Naomi Scott, Mena Massoud, Will Smith, and Marwan Kenzari. Aladdin will be the second live action Disney film to be released in 2019.

Booksmart is directed by Olivia Wilde. This comedy stars Kaitlyn Cooper, Molly Gordon, Jason Sudeikis, and Beanie Feldstein. This film follows two girls on the eve of their high school graduation. They decide to go out and cram four years of partying and adventures into one night after spending their whole high school career focused on their studies.

31st : Rocketman is directed by Dexter Fletcher and starrs Bryce Dallas Howard, Taron Egerton, Richard Madden, and Jamie Bell. This is a bioptic film of the early years of Elton John’s career and how he became a legend and a rockstar.

Gabriella Petrone

Muhlenberg '21

Hello I'm Gabriella Petrone! I'm currently a senior at Muhlenberg College studying as an english major and political science minor. I'm from Fairfield, Connecticut. I'm very excited to be a writer for Her Campus Muhlenberg! I love everything about the fall from fallen leaves to jean jackets. I also love a good story so I am an avid TV and movie fan. One of my favorite activities is curling up with a good book and a hot mug of tea. I'm looking forward to the upcoming year.
Hello! My name is Caroline Kinney, and I am the Campus Correspondent of the Muhlenberg Her Campus Chapter! I am originally from Leesburg, Virginia (D.C./Maryland/Virginia area) and currently a sophomore majoring in Theatre with a minor in Creative Writing. I am elated to be entering into this position at Her Campus Muhlenberg. My primary goals as the President/Editor-In-Chief of the chapter is to have an intersectionality approach to all of our content and to create a special bond between every team member in the chapter. Lover of corgis, guacamole, and intersectional feminism. I am so excited for this semester!