Spring Concert: JoJo Brings Back the 2000s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

I couldn’t tell you one girl who was not excited to see JoJo last Sunday night at Spring Fest, even though I am sure we all only know her two famous songs; “Leave (Get Out)” and “Too Little Too Late.” But when those two songs came on, the whole gym sang them with her! If I am being honest, I had no idea JoJo was performing here until a week before, so the advertising was not the best for it. However, when people did find out about it, it spread like wildfire. 

My roommate’s and I can’t be the only ones who listened to those two songs the week leading up to her concert.  The choice of artist was a little interesting because you would think JoJo has a mainly female fan base. However, there were groups of males there singing as loud as all the females. Everyone was a little confused when she only performed for approximately forty-three minutes, but nonetheless, she really put on a show. 

Growing up, JoJo was that rebel teen singer who you would always listen to when you had that seventh-grade break-up. She spoke to the truth about love and ditching those boys or friends that never appreciated you. JoJo owned it on stage. Even though she was playing for, maybe, 150 college students; she performed like she was in a sold-out arena, which was appreciated. JoJo was the type of performer that made you feel what she was feeling while she was singing. Hopefully, next year will be just as fun!

I am a junior at Muhlenberg College and play on the Women's Basketball team. I love to hang out with my friends, family, and I have a ten year old golden retriever named Jake.