timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Music You Should Be Listening to Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

Happy November! During this past week, there has been an abundance of new music hit the streaming platforms. Here are some of my favorite releases that everyone should be listening to.

“Money”- Cardi B

Cardi B is one of the hottest artists of the year. With the release of her newest album Invasion of Privacy, her fame has done nothing but increased, and rightfully so. Cardi B’s songs are really catchy, and her newest song “Money” follows that pattern. With a great beat and upbeat tune, this one is worth a listen (or two, or three).

MIH-TY- Ty Dolla Sign and Jeremih

Ty Dolla Sign and Jeremih collab for their first joint album. These two artists are some of the best Hip-Hop/R&B artists of our time. The first song in the album to set the tone for the entire album is “The Light.” Jeremih and Ty Dolla Sign’s voices mesh so beautifully, making this album a melting pot of incredible R&B songs that any fan will love.

BALLADS 1- JOJI

Joji is unlike any other artist. He is a member of 88rising, a music group comprised of primarily Asian artists, something that you don’t see often. Ballads 1 is made up of, you guessed it, ballads. The songs on this album range from heart-wrenching to cheerful. No matter the mood, each song is special in its own way.

Last Day of Summer- Summer Walker

This is Summer Walker’s debut album, and she really makes a great first impression. Summer is going on tour with 6lack, a famous hip-hop artist. Summer Walker can best be compared to H.E.R. and SZA. This album gives off late night vibes. If you’re a lover of chill R&B songs, you’ll want to put this entire album on repeat!

With that said, open up Spotify or Apple Music and get to listening!

Emily Garber

Muhlenberg '21

Muhlenberg College Content Editor