toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Movies and TV Shows You Need to Watch to Get You in Your Halloween Feels

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

It’s Halloween time! Here’s a list of movies and shows that’ll get you into your spookiest mood.

Halloweentown

The Halloweentown series is probably one of the best Halloween throwback Disney Channel Originals out there (@ me, I dare you). I know for a fact that as a kid, those movies had me bugging out, especially in the second one where the mom’s mask gets stuck to her face. Six-year-old me was shooketh.  Personally, watching these movies years later is really funny because the special effects are clearly not up to today’s standards.

Scream

Once again, a classic series of movies to binge watch with your friends. However, if you’re kind of a baby with scary movies like I am, I recommend watching the Scary Movie series instead.

Hocus Pocus

No explanation needed. This movie is a childhood memory, and it is honestly such a good watch.

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

I’m literally so excited for this series to come out on Netflix this October. For anyone else out there that loved Sabrina the Teenage Witch as a kid, get ready! This new series is a reboot of the show we all loved, with a new reimagination about the young witch. The show drops on October 26th, just in time to watch the whole season before Halloween!

The Conjuring

For those of you that are really into Halloween and scary movies, here’s the perfect series for you. In contrast to the more suspenseful elements of Scream and other movies like that, this series focuses on the idea of ghosts and demons **shiver**. I watched this movie a few weeks back with friends, and I honestly cried myself to sleep I was so scared.

I hope you found this thrilling guide spooktacular! Happy Watching!

Jordyn Kamis

Muhlenberg '21

¯_(ツ)_/¯