This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

2018 has come to an end, and with it a great year of TV. However, 2019 is shaping up to also be an amazing year of episodes of TV shows that we have already fallen in love with, as well as new ones for us to binge watch during the upcoming weekends. Here are some of the most anticipated shows of 2019.

Game of Thrones Season 8 (HBO : April 14, 2019)

It has been officially announced that the final season of Game of Thrones is going to grace our screens in April of this year. HBO has been releasing teasers over the past couple of months. The executive producers have said that the season will consist of six episodes, and that each one will be longer than a hour. There may even be some that are closer to two hours. What we know for sure is that we have a wild six weeks ahead of us in April. 

Stranger Things Season 3 (Netflix : July 4, 2019)

Ever since October of 2017, many of us have been waiting in anticipation for the third season of Stranger Things. Netflix has officially announced that the third season will be released on July 4th. They have already released a teaser trailer revealing all of the episode titles and the new title sequence.

Our Planet (Netflix: April 5, 2019)

Planet Earth and Blue Planet fans rejoice because a new David Attenborough-narrated nature documentary series is coming to Netflix! The teaser trailer features the exquisite animal clips that we all love, and it conveys how the eight part series will tell the story of our planet.

Black Mirror Season 5 (Netflix : 2019)

Black Mirror is returning to Netflix for a season five before the end of 2019. Nothing plot-related has been confirmed, but it has been announced that most of the filming has been completed. There is no official release date as of yet, but the episodes are expected to be released this upcoming year.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 6 (NBC : January 10, 2019)

After Fox canceled the series, there was a huge uproar, and fans took to the internet to protest the cancellation of their favorite show. After a few days, NBC acquired the rights to produce the show, and season six premiered on it’s new network on January 10th. According to reviewers, the transition between the two networks has been smooth and the season is off to a good start. There is a resounding joy that the show will be continuing.

Pose Season 2 (FX: 2019)

The Ryan Murphy FX show that chronicles the ball culture world of the 1980’s in New York City has been granted a season two that is slated to be released in 2019. The show depicts how gay and transgender “houses” face off in ballroom culture competitions. The only thing about the plot that has been confirmed is that the show will be making a one year time jump to 1989.

American Horror Story Season 9 (FX: 2019)

In 2017, American Horror Story was renewed for three more seasons with season eight premiering in September of 2018. It is expected that season nine of the show will be released in the fall of this year. The theme of the season is still unknown and most likely will not be released until we get closer to the release time. There is a popular fan theory that has been called “interesting” by the creator, Ryan Murphy-each season represents one of the nine circles of hell from Dante’s Inferno.

This Is Us Season 3 Continues (NBC: January 15, 2019)

On January 15th, 2019, the hit show that seems to pull on  heart strings returned from a short hiatus for the second half of the eighteen episode season. According to IMDB, we can expect the season finale to occur sometime in the spring. It has not been confirmed if NBC is renewing the show for a fourth season, but the series creator, Dan Fogelman, has discussed that when he initially pitched the show he discussed a four season story arch. Who knows what will happen if there is a fourth season!

Gabriella Petrone

Muhlenberg '21

Hello I'm Gabriella Petrone! I'm currently a senior at Muhlenberg College studying as an english major and political science minor. I'm from Fairfield, Connecticut. I'm very excited to be a writer for Her Campus Muhlenberg! I love everything about the fall from fallen leaves to jean jackets. I also love a good story so I am an avid TV and movie fan. One of my favorite activities is curling up with a good book and a hot mug of tea. I'm looking forward to the upcoming year.