Style

More Than Clothes: I’m Obsessed With My Grandmother’s Loafers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

I never thought I would wear loafers. My grandmother, and occasionally my mother, wear loafers. They were never really my style. I also thought I was way too young to wear them. There was never a need for me to wear loafers and they seemed too preppy for me.

Now, I am currently wearing loafers from the brand Doc Martins and they have changed my style completely. My outfit today is skinny black jeans, black sweater, pink socks, and my loafers. I also wear them with regular pants, and a t shirt. You can wear a totally casual outfit, slide these on your feet, and it classes up your look. I believe not that they are not preppy. The words I would describe them are “cute and a little dressy.”

Loafers are in right now. However, I am not just wearing loafers because they are in style. They are so easy to wear and incredible versatile. For example, you can wear them to a nice occasion instead of wearing high heels. You can wear them with a regular outfit like I am right now. They give off a 90’s style vibe, but also a 2018 vibe. Loafers are totally cool, vintage, and super cute.  

It is so interesting how old styles come back. I mean literally…my grandmother’s loafers are now my obsession.

My name is Alison and I currently go to Muhlenberg College. I study Theatre but also have an eye for fashion. My style is a huge part of who I am. I not only express myself on stage, but express myself with the my wardrobe. Owning your own style and vibe is important. Writing for HerCampus is also a privilege for me because now I can write about fashion, give advice, and encourage my readers to own who they are with the clothes they wear. I also keep people updated on my outfits and what i wear that gets me through college! I encourage people to follow me on my instgram almaybaum_ and my Visco!
Ali Senal

Muhlenberg '18

Muhlenberg '18 Grad with a BA in Theatre and Jewish studies. My hobbies include sleeping, movies, and spreading vegan propaganda. Former Editor-in-Chief of Muhlenberg Her Campus.