Style > Beauty

I Tried Shane Dawson x Jeffree Star Conspiracy Palette for 5 Days, And Here’s What Went Down

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

Shane Dawson and Jeffree Star spent the last year filming and creating their collaboration for Jeffree Star Cosmetics. After this series was uploaded to Shane’s Youtube channel, it quickly became the most desired makeup launch of the year. On November 1st, the collection went live on JSC’s website as well as Morphe and Beauty Bay and as Jeffree said, “broke Shopify (the company that holds his website)” selling over 1.1 million Conspiracy palettes in less than 2 hours. The collection included, 1 eyeshadow palette- The Conspiracy Palette, one mini palette- The Mini Controversy, 5 lipsticks- Shane (metallic brown), Are You Filming (rich red), Ryland (metallic light pink), I Gotta Go (metallic bronze-copper), Jeffree, What the Fuck (bright magenta), and Oh My God (baby pink), 1 The Gloss in Shane Glossin’ (clear), 1 Lip Blam in Diet Shane, as well as pig mirrors, travel bags, makeup bags, and a JSC x Shane track suit. I unfortunately was in the middle of a psychology exam when this collection launched but my dad tried his very hardest to get it for me (thanks dad). However, he was unsuccessful. Thankfully, one of my friends was kind enough to lend me heConspiracy palette (thank you so much, Elizabeth!) so that I could test it out for the last five days. Let’s see what I think (excuse my horrible selfies)!

Day 1:

I started this week with a neutral look and a pop of color. I used shades My Pills, Tanacon, and Diet Root Beer in my crease, Diet Cola on my lid, What’s the Tea on my lower lash line, and Ranch in my inner corner. I really loved this look and all of the shades I used blended really well and were insanely pigmented. In my opinion, the star of this look was Diet Cola, that gorgeous silver metal color was unlike any color I’ve ever seen in an eyeshadow palette. A lot of my friends said that they loved What’s the Tea on my lower lash line, the light blue blended really easily and was pretty pigmented but it took a few layers to get to my desired opacity. This was a fan favorite amongst friends I polled over the course of the week. 

Day 2:

This day I was dying to try the pinks and purples of the palette. I used My Pills, and Pig-Ment in my crease and my lower lash line, Not a Fact in my outer corner and lower lash line, Sleep Paralysis and Trisha on my lid, and Just A Theory in my inner corner. This day was bold, as you can see, I got a lot of stares from random people while walking around campus. All of the shades I used blended really well and all of the colors I used were insane. In my opinion, Sleep Paralysis is one of the best colors in the palette and looking back on the look I created, I didn’t get to show off how beautiful it was. My one gripe with this look is that my eyelids were neon pink for the two days following this look, but Jeffree did warn users on the back of the palette and in his videos that this could happen. 

Day 3: 

I don’t wear makeup every day in my day to day life. As much as I love it, I felt like I needed a break so I decided to keep this day’s look subtle. I used shades My Pills, Tanacon, and Diet Root Beer in my crease and my lower lash line and Food Videos and Ranch in my inner corner. Jeffree Star and Shane Dawson fans, including myself were incredibly excited to use the shade Food Videos and unfortunately, I wasn’t very pleased with the amount of work I had to put in to get this color to show up in my inner corner. I packed many layers of the shade on and it wasn’t as bright as it looked in the palette, which was upsetting. Despite that, I really liked this look, I added a darker fall lip (Androgyny from Jeffree Star Cosmetics) to give the illusion that I made an effort this day. After this day, though I was warned, I had neon pink lids and yellow inner corners well after I removed my makeup for the day.  

Day 4: 

I had no idea what I was going to do on this day, so I played around with colors I hadn’t used yet and created my favorite look of the 5 days I played with the palette. I used shades, Pig-Ment and Cheese Dust in the crease and lower lash line, Just a Theory on my lid, and Flaming Hot as an eyeliner. I loved this look so much as it is was similar enough to what I usually do but also a little out of my comfort zone. As a self-proclaimed MUA, I never do winged eyeliner because I’m not good at it and I have oddly shaped eyes so it usually looks bad. I used Flaming Hot as a liner and it added a fun and dramatic touch to my look! I might even start doing this regularly with other eyeshadow looks I do. Every single color I used was beautiful and while warned it may, my eyes weren’t stained at the end of the night.

Day 5: 

My final day with the Conspiracy palette was the hardest, I hadn’t used 4 shades and I had no idea how I was going to in my final look. Ultimately, I created a super grungy yet colorful look which doesn’t quite fit my normal makeup aesthetic but I really liked it. I used shades What’s The Tea and My Ride’s Here in my crease, Spiraling, Illuminatea, and Conspiracy on my lid, Not a Fact on my lower lash line, and Ranch on my inner corner. I tend to shy away from black and other dark colors because I feel it makes my eyes look smaller than they already are (which is really fucking small), but the black matte and shimmer colors were really great, and the shimmer shades blended really well together. Again, with What’s the Tea, I found that blending that color into the crease was really difficult as it took a lot of building to get the look I wanted in my crease, especially with the other dark colors I used.   

Overall, my experience testing this palette over the last five days was amazing. As a huge fan of Jeffree Star and Shane Dawson I was expecting so much from this palette and my expectations were exceeded. I can’t wait to buy this palette when it launches again in 2020!

Additional Products Used: 

• Face

• Foundations

• Nars Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation in Oslo

• Colourpop No Filter Foundation on Fair 30

• Concealers

• Tarte Shape Tape in Light

• Colourpop No Filter Concealer in Fair 02

• Powder

• Maybelline Fit Me Loose Finishing Powder in 05 Fair

• Maybelline Superstay Powder Foundation in 112 Natural Ivory

• Colourpop No Filter Sheer Pressed Powder in Fair

• Cheeks

• Bronzer

• Anastasia Beverly Hills Powder Contour Kit in Light to Medium

• Benefit Hoola Quickie Contour Stick

• Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer in Bronzer

• Blush

• Colourpop Blush Stix in More is More

• Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Paaarty

• Milani Baked Powder Blush in 05 Luminoso

• Highlighter

• Maybelline Master Chrome Highlighter in 100 Molten Gold

• Ofra x Nikkie Tutorials Highlighter in Glazed Donut

• Anastasia Beverly Hills x Amrezy Highlighter

• Morphe Continuous Setting Mist

• Eyes

• Jeffree Star Cosmetics x Shane Dawson The Conspiracy Palette

• Mascara

• Benefit Roller Lash in Black

• Colourpop BFF Mascara in Purple Prose

• NYX Retractable Eyeliner in White

• Glossier Boy Brow in Brown

• Lips

• Glossier Birthday Balm Dotcom

• Fenty Gloss Bomb in Fenty Glow

• Fenty Gloss Bomb in Fu$$y

• Jeffree Star Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick in Androgyny

• Jeffree Star Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick in Christmas Cookie

• Jeffree Star Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick in Nathan

• Jeffree Star Cosmetics The Gloss in Candy Drip

Paige Weisburg

Muhlenberg '22

Paige Weisburg is a Sophomore at Muhlenberg College. She loves judaism, beauty, pop culture, fashion, politics, and Israel
Yanet Ocampo

Muhlenberg