How to Keep the Holiday Spirit Alive During Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

It’s that time of the year again: College Finals! It’s so easy for us to get caught up in the whirlwind of work and stress that we ultimately forget to enjoy this time of the year. If you’re looking to make finals season more merry and bright, check out these suggestions to rekindle your holiday spirit!

Create a holiday playlist.

I don’t know about you, but hearing the first few lines of “Last Christmas” makes me want to drop everything and sing along! If you’re one to listen to music while studying, break out your favorite Michael Bublé songs and create a festive holiday playlist. Sing it out and dance along to shake all that stress off! Just make sure you don’t annoy your roommate with your jaw-dropping Mariah Carey impersonations.

Decorate your dorm room.

If you’re sad about missing your family’s holiday-decorating session, decorating your dorm room is an awesome way to recreate that warm, festive feeling. Nothing cheers up your study space better than twinkly lights and snowflake cutouts!  For Holiday decorations that won’t break the bank, Target and Dollar Tree has some festive options that will leave you enough money to buy those stocking stuffers that you need.

Set up a Secret Santa with your friends.

Gather your closest friends and pick a name out of a hat for some Secret Santa fun! Secret Santa is an awesome way to bond with your friends and show them how much you appreciate them. It’s also a great alternative if you’re a little tight on cash since you only have to buy one gift instead of buying one for all of them. Set a budget to ensure that no one feels bad about their presents- you’ll be amazed at how many fuzzy accessories you can get for $20!

Treat yourself to a Holiday movie after a long study session.

Studying for hours at a time is enough to induce a headache that no amount of eggnog can cure. Spare yourself from pain and treat yourself to Holiday movie after a marathon session at the library! Netflix and Hulu has some great movie choices, or better yet, grab your coziest blanket and watch Elf in the Red Doors!

Look for Holiday events on campus.

There’s no better way to spend the Holiday season than with your community.  Ask around and check out bulletin boards around campus for events- it’s so much easier to get in the spirit of the season when others around you are down to celebrate!

Lisha Rabeje

Muhlenberg '21

Muhlenberg '21. Psychology / Education.  "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Ali Senal

Muhlenberg '18

Muhlenberg '18 Grad with a BA in Theatre and Jewish studies. My hobbies include sleeping, movies, and spreading vegan propaganda. Former Editor-in-Chief of Muhlenberg Her Campus.