This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

Valentine’s Day may have been designed as a way to spend time with your significant other, but who says you can’t spend it with your friends? Whether you’re taken or happily single, Valentine’s Day is a time of year to acknowledge your loved ones and the valuable memories you share together. If you’re approaching this Valentine’s Day single, take the opportunity to spend some time with a few of your closest friends. With that being said, here are some creative things you can do with your friends this Valentine’s Day:

Make Your Own Valentine’s Day Treats

What would Valentine’s Day be without sweets? Invite your friends over to make some Valentine’s Day-themed treats. One of the easiest ways to do this is to dip some of your favorite treats into some melted chocolate, or just top your favorite popcorn with some melted chocolate and festive candies. If you and your friends love to bake then make some cute heart shaped treats and decorate them some of your favorite Valentine’s Day-themed toppings. 

Have a “Secret Valentine” Gift Exchange”

Most people are familiar with the concept of “Secret Santa” during the holidays. Put your own twist on the tradition by having a Valentine’s Day gift exchange for you and a group of your friends. You can even make a party out of it and have your friends over to exchange gifts.

Treat Yourself to a Spa Day

Now this idea can be as simple or elaborate as you want it to be. Make a day out of it and book an appointment at your local spa so that you and friends can be pampered together. Or, if you don’t want to break the bank, grab your friends and give yourself a DIY spa treatment at home. 

Take a Road Trip

Although Valentine’s Day might fall on a Wednesday this year, there are still plenty of ways you can go on a spontaneous adventure with your friends. Take a trip at night to the next town over and eat at a restaurant you’ve always wanted to go to. Or, celebrate the weekend after Valentine’s Day and explore some of the areas in your community that you haven’t seen yet.      

Have a Movie Night

This might not be the most original idea for Valentine’s Day, but there’s nothing better than watching your favorite movie with a few of your closest friends and enjoying some festive treats. And, no, it doesn’t have to another cheesy romantic movie; make it your own and pick out a few movies that you and your friends are dying to see. 

Remember, there is no right way to spend Valentine’s Day! There are so many possibilities outside of this list, all you have to do is grab a few of your friends and make this February 14th one to remember.  

Caitlin Burns

Muhlenberg '21

Muhlenberg Marketing and Publicity Director Business Marketing and Dance double major 
Ali Senal

Muhlenberg '18

Muhlenberg '18 Grad with a BA in Theatre and Jewish studies. My hobbies include sleeping, movies, and spreading vegan propaganda. Former Editor-in-Chief of Muhlenberg Her Campus.