Holiday Coffee Craze-The Classic Winter Drinks Are Back!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

On November 7th, Starbucks released their classic holiday drinks around the world. There were some changes that put fans in the Christmas spirit, with the return of the Chestnut Praline Latte, Toasted White Peppermint Mocha, Caramel Brulee Latte and more. Others were not in the best spirits when they announced that  the beloved Gingerbread Latte was no longer on the menu. Starbucks offered a free reusable cup to anyone who buys a holiday drink on their release date. As a result, the stores were packed all day. Many people even waited in line before the stores opened. The limited edition red cup displayed the words “merry coffee, merry coffee” on the front. According to USA Today, “customers who bring in their cup and order a holiday drink after 2 p.m. daily get 50 cents off their check through Jan. 7.” 

Starbucks is not the only coffee chain to get into the holiday cheer, as Dunkin’ released its menu for the season days after. Dunkin’ will be bringing back Peppermint Mocha latte, while offering new flavors such as Gingerbread S’Mores and Winter White Chocolate. Dunkin’ also kept its signature holiday lattes like the Holiday Eggnog Signature Latte, Merry Mocha Mint Signature Latte, Toasted Gingerbread Signature Latte and Frosted White Chocolate Signature Latte. Instead of printing red or green labels on their drinks, Dunkin’ has provided pink cups for the season. 

As coffee chains become more competitive, many coffee chains such as Starbucks and Dunkin’ are trying to win customers over. If you’re a fan of coffee, you’re in for a treat!

Lynsey Stanicki

Muhlenberg '21

My name is Lynsey Stanicki and I'm from New Jersey. I am a double major in Media/Communications and Theatre at Muhlenberg College. I also run my own podcast called A Work In Progress. Thank you for reading!
Yanet Ocampo

Muhlenberg