This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

Face masks should be an important part of your skin routine year round. One of my favorite things to do during the winter months is to light a candle, read a book, and put on a face mask. Here are a few skin care brands that have great face masks that will not break your bank and will leave your skin feeling better than ever.

YesTo (http://yesto.com/)

If you want something you can easily find at Target, check out the line of face masks from the YesTo brand. YesTo is known for making paraben and cruelty-free products inspired by different food items. Many of their masks are made in various application types so you can choose what works best for you. From sheet masks to peel off masks, from mud masks to mask sticks and bubbling paper masks, they have it all and more. With many of their products clocking in at as low as $3, they’re the perfect skincare brand for a college student on a budget who does not want to sacrifice quality.

Bioré (http://www.biore.com/en-US/biore-skincare)

Bioré’s slogan is “free your pores!” Their products are organized into three different categories: “don’t be dirty,” “acne’s outta here!”, and “breakup with blackheads.” The “don’t be dirty” category features a couple of different charcoal masks, including their “Self Heating One Minute Mask.” This mask is perfect for pore-cleansing in a time crunch. After wetting your face, you massage the mask in for one minute, which will cause the mask to heat. After another minute, you wash it off, and you’re done. Viola! It’s a super quick and simple treat for your skin.  You should be left with your pores feeling refreshed after only two minutes max! Another one of their notable products is their pore strips in the “break up with blackheads” category. You wet your nose, apply the pore strip, wait ten to fifteen minutes, and then, quite literally, remove the oil, dirt, and blackheads from your nose. These products retail for roughly $5 to $10, depending on where you purchase them.

Origins (https://www.origins.com/)

Origins has an extensive face mask line and has even recently started making sheet masks. Origins products do tend to be more pricey, but they often sell their products in smaller sizes. If you go to an Origins station at a department store, you can ask for a sample of any product, and they will give you a small amount of a moisturizer, foundation, or anything you may want to try out before you purchase.

One of their most popular masks is their “Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask to Clear Pores.” They advertise this mask for acne and oil control. The bamboo charcoal functions like a magnet to suck up all the gunk in your pores, and the white china clay absorbs toxins. After opening your pores with some warm water, you apply the mask and then wait for it to dry before removing. Origins recommends you use the mask once a week or as needed. The full-size tube retails for $26 and is available at any Sephora or on the Origins website.

Gabriella Petrone

Muhlenberg '21

Hello I'm Gabriella Petrone! I'm currently a senior at Muhlenberg College studying as an english major and political science minor. I'm from Fairfield, Connecticut. I'm very excited to be a writer for Her Campus Muhlenberg! I love everything about the fall from fallen leaves to jean jackets. I also love a good story so I am an avid TV and movie fan. One of my favorite activities is curling up with a good book and a hot mug of tea. I'm looking forward to the upcoming year.
Hello! My name is Caroline Kinney, and I am the Campus Correspondent of the Muhlenberg Her Campus Chapter! I am originally from Leesburg, Virginia (D.C./Maryland/Virginia area) and currently a sophomore majoring in Theatre with a minor in Creative Writing. I am elated to be entering into this position at Her Campus Muhlenberg. My primary goals as the President/Editor-In-Chief of the chapter is to have an intersectionality approach to all of our content and to create a special bond between every team member in the chapter. Lover of corgis, guacamole, and intersectional feminism. I am so excited for this semester!