This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

The Dark Lipstick Trend Lipstick comes in many different colors and finishes. The finishes vary from matte, cream, lip stain, glosses, and so many others. Based on the finish that you choose is what indicates how opaque one achieve with their lip look. As the seasons get colder, the trends change as well.

During the winter, a popular makeup trend is smokey eyes and dark lips. People who love makeup especially look forward to the colder months because it allows them to rock a bolder lip with their look. A neutral makeup look is perfect along with a bold lip color which helps to create a statement. Burgundy, purples, and dark reds are popular shades during the winter time.

If going out in a super bold dark lip isn’t your thing, there is still an easy way to wear darker colors. Apply the color on the lips and then dab it in into the lips to give it a more blurred and blotted effect. It is still that same bold color from the bullet but subdued ever so slightly to make it look great for an everyday look.

If going full out glam with a bold lip is your style, then you can first use a lip liner close to or the exact same color as the lipstick shade so that it adds extra color and makes the lipstick last longer without feathering. Whether it’s a more subtle but wearable bold lip, or choosing to wear the trend full out, bold lips in the winter months give makeup and overall makeover in comparison to the bright, bold colors used in summer.

Orli Segall

Muhlenberg '20

Im a junior at Muhlenberg College. My major is media and communications. I really have a big interest in everything beauty and fashion. I love to read and in my free time i like to hang out with friends and family.
Hello! My name is Caroline Kinney, and I am the Campus Correspondent of the Muhlenberg Her Campus Chapter! I am originally from Leesburg, Virginia (D.C./Maryland/Virginia area) and currently a sophomore majoring in Theatre with a minor in Creative Writing. I am elated to be entering into this position at Her Campus Muhlenberg. My primary goals as the President/Editor-In-Chief of the chapter is to have an intersectionality approach to all of our content and to create a special bond between every team member in the chapter. Lover of corgis, guacamole, and intersectional feminism. I am so excited for this semester!