Style

Comfort is Key: Simple Ways to Spice Up Your Style in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

We’ve all had that experience where we can’t seem to decide what to wear to class. Do I choose to wake up two hours before class to put on a bunch of makeup and spend too much time trying to find the right outfit? Or, do I roll out of bed ten minutes before class starts? In my opinion, comfort is key. I prefer sleeping-in over spending hours getting ready. There are many ways that one can spice up a simple outfit.  Here are a few college wardrobe must-haves to look and feel your best.

Leggings:

This is definitely a no-brainer. Leggings are by far the comfiest things someone can wear. They’re incredibly soft and stretchy, and they go with EVERYTHING. Black leggings are a staple item in your wardrobe. You can pair them with t-shirts, tunics, sweaters, or anything. If you want to spice up your outfit, you can always wear printed leggings!

Athleisure Wear:  

This is by far one of my favorite things to wear to class. An oversized t-shirt and running shorts are my go-to outfit. You can tie a knot into any oversized t-shirt and BOOM! You’ve got yourself a comfy, put-together outfit for class. Yoga pants are a go-to in the winter. Like leggings, they go with anything! Wearing school gear is always a go-to as well! C’mon, you can never go wrong with showing off your school pride!

Statement Shoes:

A pair of statement shoes can make any plain outfit more fun! Pairing a simple t-shirt with a colorful pair of sneakers will not only add some color to your outfit but will easily make you look put together.

Jewelry:

Jewelry is one of the easiest ways to accessorize any outfit! Adding a necklace or bracelet to an outfit add that extra touch that’ll make it seem like you spent a long time/hours putting your outfit together. Personally, I love adding anklets to my outfits when I wear a dress or romper because it adds a unique touch to whatever you’re wearing.

Dresses and Rompers:

Speaking of dresses and rompers… they’re great! You never have to worry about matching a top with bottoms or vice-versa. You can easily throw them on and walk out the door ready to conquer the day. I personally love wearing t-shirt dresses because they’re super cute and comfy!

I hope you found this guide helpful when it comes to picking out your outfit for class! Remember, to always wear whatever makes you feel the most comfortable and your best self! But, remember, the best accessory is always a smile, so don’t forget to rock yours!

Yanet Ocampo

Muhlenberg