Campus Cutie: Alex Silvestre

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

Check out our lovely Campus Cutie, Alex! She’s 21 and she is a part of the senior class. She loves to draw, sing, travel and is currently working on finishing up her Psychology major and her Art minor. She hopes to be a psychologist someday but in the meantime you can find her watching Grey’s Anatomy and loving all types of foods!

Name: Alex Silvestre

Major and Minor: Psychology and Art

Graduation Year: Class of 2017

What do you do outside of classes? I like voice acting, drawing, singing and traveling.

What made you love to travel? I go to Portugal every summer because that’s where my family is. That’s what made me so excited to go abroad last semester when I went to Madrid and stayed with a host family. I met a lot of great people and learned Spanish since it is similar to Portuguese. I went to Dublin to visit my friend Shanah, Morocco, and Italy while there too.

Summer internship: Columbia university clinic for anxiety and related disorders (CUCARD). I worked there for the past three years and got to know everyone really well. I would sit in on group sessions for clients with anxiety disorders. I also helped psychologists come up with strategies to help patients with exposure therapy. It was a chance to better understand working at a clinic which made it great experience.

Do you want to be a psychologist one day? I’m hoping to be a psychologist in the future and specialize in cognitive behavioral therapy.

Relationship status? Single

Favorites

Favorite Movies: Star Wars, Inception, He’s Just Not That Into You, and Harry Potter!

Favorite TV Shows: Grey’s Anatomy, Walking Dead, How I Met Your Mother, New Girl, Friends, Vampire Diaries, Lost, How I Met Your Mother, Downtown Abbey, and American Horror Story.

Favorite Food: All foods. I will eat anything. 

I'm majoring in Psychology and Creative Writing at Muhlenberg College.
I'm Darling, I'm 21 years old and I go to Muhlenberg College. I am a double major in Public Health and French.