Campus Celebrity: Cameron Silliman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

Cameron Silliman is currently a sophomore at Muhlenberg. She is in the singing group Songcycle and she is also a member of the A Capella group InAcchord. She was in Avenue Q this past summer through the Summer Music Theatre program at Muhlenberg where she played Gary Coleman. This past fall semester, she played the lead in the musical Chicago. She was so amazing and got such good reviews that it’s obvious who we needed to interview for our very first campus profile.

Name: Cameron Silliman

Year: Sophomore, Class of 2018

Hometown: Montclair, New Jersey

Major: Theatre and Spanish

Sadie Katz: When did you start acting and doing musical theatre?

Cameron Silliman: I started acting and doing musical theatre in 8th grade.

SK: What was it like having such a huge role (Velma in Chicago) as only a sophomore?  

CS: It was a little overwhelming, I truly was not expecting it and once I got the part I realized how much work I had to put in for such a demanding role.  Even with that worry, I was looking forward to the challenge and was able to find the fun in it all.

SK: What was your favorite song to perform in Chicago and why?  

CS: As cliché as it may sound, “All that Jazz” was probably my favorite song to perform.  I loved doing the Fosse-inspired choreography; it was simple and sexy.  But the song itself is really comfortable in my range and I felt that there was a lot of ways to make it my own.

SK: What’s your dream role in a Broadway show?  

CS: Dream role in a Broadway show is Hedwig from Hedwig and the Angry Inch, but that can never happen, so Leading Player from Pippin.

SK: Single or taken?  

CS: Taken.

SK: What’s your favorite pre-show and post-show meal?

CS: Favorite pre-show meals are brownies or any sort of chocolate.  Favorite post-show meal is disco fries.

Sadie Katz

Muhlenberg

Sadie is currently a Junior at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, Pennsylvania. She studies Media and Communications and Music. She was born and raised in Los Angeles, but NYC has stolen her heart. She loves the beach, fall, sushi, gnocchi, and most other foods. You can find her at Eataly in NYC in her spare time. Sadie hopes to live in NYC one day, working in either PR or social media.