This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

With February 14th around the corner, it can be stressful coming up with ideas for a thoughtful, original gift. Iit can be intimidating thinking of a personalized gift for friends, family, or a significant other, especially with all the standard heart-shaped chocolate boxes flooding the shelves. Here are a few gift tips for this Valentine’s Day that will ensure a happy recipient:

Cologne/Perfume

If you’re looking for something special and personalized for a loved one, giving them a scent they will like can be a great gift. Make sure to know what types of scents the recipient likes before purchasing. Buying a nice cologne or perfume doesn’t need to break your wallet; stores like Bath & Body Works carry plenty of luxurious smells for less, so don’t let pricing be an excuse!

Mug Of Stuff

Since Valentine’s Day takes place during the snowy months, think of creating a personalized mug gift for your loved one. Pick out a cute mug as your container for the items. Fill the mug with their favorite tea bags, hot chocolate, candies, or other small items and gift by wrapping it in cellophane and tying it with a bow. This gift is great because it can be as personal as you like and is not too pricey. Target is a great place to find a cozy mug and any items you might need to fill it.

Reasons Why

Here is a gift to give if you are looking for something very personal and original. Write down 10-15 reasons why you love your significant other on small pieces of paper, then place the folded notes into a glass jar. You can decorate the outside of the jar in whichever way you like. This gift definitely won’t hurt your budget, but holds of personal value.

Carly Giacoio

Muhlenberg '22

Carly Giacoio is currently a junior at Muhlenberg College who originally is from northern New Jersey. She plans on graduating with an English major and Creative Writing minor. Carly also enjoys singing, composing music, and writing poetry in her free time.