samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career

The Best Outfits to Wear to a Job Interview

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

Being professional during a job interview is essential to impress a potential employer. One of the main focuses associated with first impressions during a job interview is looking respectable and responsible. But that doesn’t mean it has to be all business. Below is a list of ways to spice up your interview attire and appear professional for an interview:

Clothing Styles: Blazers and Dresses

A blazer looks professional and appealing. You could style it with a blouse and dress pants. Khakis are great for a business casual look. A business casual dress is another article of clothing to wear to an interview. or you could also wear a suit for a more dressed up look.

Shoes

Heels for women are a great choice to wear for an interview. If you want a more comfortable shoe, wedged heels or flats are the way to go. For men, dress shoes are perfect to nail that job interview.

Colors

Colors are very important when picking out the appropriate outfit for a job interview. Do not wear anything too flashy or bright that could potentially sidetrack the hiring manager.

Although clothing may be an important factor, you must remember that it is not the main qualifier for an interview. Make sure to research the job beforehand and be ready to answer any tough questions that are thrown your way! Good Luck!

Noy Messinger

Muhlenberg '21

My name is Noy Messinger and I am a Sophomore double majoring in Media and Communications and History with a minor in dance. I am extremely passionate about dance. I have been dancing since I was two years old and was a participant in my high school’s performing arts dance program.  Additionally, I am passionate about history. I love learning about different cultures and discovering their pasts as well as information about my own heritage.