The Best Moments of the Premiere of RPDR All Stars 3

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

Last night, RuPaul’s Drag Race (All Stars 3) premiered. I don’t know about you, but I was beyond excited. All of the fans got to see some of our favorite (and not so favorite) queens return to battle it out for a spot in the Drag Race Hall of Fame. Just based on last night’s performances, there are some queens that came to prove that they deserve recognition and some that are just not serving it yet. It was only the first episode, but there is plenty of dirt to dish already. Here are the highlights of last night’s episode:

That opening sequence though

I might just be a sucker for parodies, but I LOVED this intro. I thought it was super witty and funny. At the same time, though, I think it set an ominous tone for the season. I also did not mind seeing my fave, Alaska, once again. 

When BeBe walked in and everyone was like…

If you don’t know BeBe Zahara Benet was the winner of season one of Drag Race. She was not in any of the promos for All Stars 3, so those watching were all just as shocked as the rest of the All Star queens. RuPaul felt that BeBe deserved another chance to make her mark on drag her-story and impact a whole new generation of RuPaul viewers. This, personally, excited me. I’m so looking forward to seeing what BeBe brings to the table (and if she can be the first queen to snatch up two crowns)!

When Morgan revealed her “strategy” to the other queens

Let me start by saying I am not a Morgan McMichaels fan. She’s cocky and overrated in my opinion. When Morgan revealed her that her strategy would be to eliminate stronger queens if she won a challenge, I was in shock. BITCH, DON’T SAY THAT OUT LOUD. Do what you gotta do, but keep it to yourself. Saying this to the other queens immediately put a target on her back. 

Aja’s jump #comebackqueen

YAS. Okay, I will admit that I didn’t care for Aja in season 9. However, I have mad respect for her after this episode. She came to play.

BenDeLaCreme’s (Dela’s) nip-slip(s) 

I have been a huge Dela supporter since season 6. This performance showed that she was not to be underestimated. Her routine was smart, funny, and entertaining. She and Aja really deserved their places in the top two. They really pulled it out. 

The first lip sync

This was a great lip sync! I thought Aja definitely served Nicki Minaj realness, but Dela was just so fantastic to watch. I would have been happy if either of them won (but I’m low-key glad that it was Dela).

When Dela did the “right thing” and sent Morgan packing

I have mixed feelings about this. I think that I probably would have done the same thing. Morgan has made it clear that she doesn’t care about anyone else’s well-being in the competition. I think this was probably the smartest move Dela could have made. However, I’m nervous about how this will affect Dela’s relationship with the other girls. 

I’m so pumped for the rest of the season. Will Trixie step her game up? Will Thorgy ever stop talking about Bob? Will Milk keep spilling the tea? We will all just have to watch every Thursday night to find out!

Ali Senal

Muhlenberg '18

Muhlenberg '18 Grad with a BA in Theatre and Jewish studies. My hobbies include sleeping, movies, and spreading vegan propaganda. Former Editor-in-Chief of Muhlenberg Her Campus.