sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

Valentine’s Day can bring up come confusing emotions.There are some people who love Valentine’s day, some who hate Valentine’s day, and people who just do not even acknowledge it. It can be an uncomfortable holiday for people who are not in a relationship and want to be. The day becomes weirdly awkward when you are just getting to know someone you think you could end up having feelings for, but do not really know if you should celebrate Valentine’s day with them or not. On the other side of the coin, it can be the best holiday if you are totally head over heels in love with your partner.

Let me just put this out there: ​I love love. I enjoy how it makes me feel and I like knowing that, at the end of the day, I know there is someone in this world that truly loves me and has my back. However, being in love is not the only thing that makes me happy or makes me love myself. It is obviously great being in a healthy relationship, but it is also deeply important to get the love you deserve from yourself

For all the single gals out there (I’m feeling those Carrie Bradshaw vibes), admire your own independence. Who says you have to be someone’s valentine? You don’t need to be anyone’s anything. 

Valentine’s Day should be about you. 

We should love how young and beautiful we all are. Here is my suggestion: Wake up on February 14th, acknowledge that it is Valentine’s day, and then put on an outfit that makes you feel comfortable, beautiful, confident, and happy. Do it for yourself, not for anyone else.

My name is Alison and I currently go to Muhlenberg College. I study Theatre but also have an eye for fashion. My style is a huge part of who I am. I not only express myself on stage, but express myself with the my wardrobe. Owning your own style and vibe is important. Writing for HerCampus is also a privilege for me because now I can write about fashion, give advice, and encourage my readers to own who they are with the clothes they wear. I also keep people updated on my outfits and what i wear that gets me through college! I encourage people to follow me on my instgram almaybaum_ and my Visco!