This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

It’s almost Winter and you know what that means… bundle-up season has arrived! While many of you wish to stay warm and cozy during these harsh, brisk days, I bet that you would also like to be fashionable at the same time. Have no fear as the following suggested sweater and coat trends will be sure to turn heads, and all will admire your style!

This fall, there are a variety of charming, must-have sweaters and coats that are flying off store shelves. 

Belted Coats

Belted coats are a stylish, elegant, and sophisticated way to go! They are a waist-slimming trick, and be assured, they will define your curves.

Wool Coats

These simple, wool coats are sure to keep you toasty, while simultaneously sexy!  Get it in black to make it versatile, and have it be the best match to go with the rest of your clothing.

Trench Coats

Trench coats are usually long, but you can also find shorter versions of them. They tend to have buttons going down the middle and a voguish belt to go along with side pockets.  Plus, they tend to be made of waterproof materials, so even if it rains or snows, you’ll be covered! Moreover, trench coats usually have an insulated lining that is easily removable to adjust to the changing climate.

Blanket Coats

The blanket coat is super comfy and exudes a tremendous amount of heat. It looks exactly how it sounds, like a blanket!

The Teddy Coat

This coat is a winner! Everyone is styling the Teddy Coat this fall. It is oversized and fluffy. Who wouldn’t want to wear the teddy coat?

Faux-Fur Coat

This coat is snug, without being overpriced like real animal fur! Plus, it doesn’t harm any animals in the making, rendering it popular with animal rights believers and activists.

Blazers

A blazer is chic and luxurious and will make any outfit pop.

Plaid sweaters (flannels)

Anything with plaid is the new look. Plaid sweaters are sleek and fresh.

Wool Bended Knit Sweaters

These sweaters are cozy, trendy, and tasteful. What more is there to ask for?! Be sure to put these in your shopping carts immediately, before they sell out!

Turtleneck Sweaters

Turtlenecks are back from the 1950’s! They are perfect for letting your inner laziness show and just sporting a relaxed look.

Oversized Sweaters

Oversized sweaters are essential when searching for ultimate comfort. Wear them with any pair of leggings and you have yourself a familiar, yet charming look.

If you purchase a few of these suggested coats and sweaters, I assure you that you will be warm and dapper this winter! Happy shopping!

Noy Messinger

Muhlenberg '21

My name is Noy Messinger and I am a Sophomore double majoring in Media and Communications and History with a minor in dance. I am extremely passionate about dance. I have been dancing since I was two years old and was a participant in my high school’s performing arts dance program.  Additionally, I am passionate about history. I love learning about different cultures and discovering their pasts as well as information about my own heritage.  
Hello! My name is Caroline Kinney, and I am the Campus Correspondent of the Muhlenberg Her Campus Chapter! I am originally from Leesburg, Virginia (D.C./Maryland/Virginia area) and currently a sophomore majoring in Theatre with a minor in Creative Writing. I am elated to be entering into this position at Her Campus Muhlenberg. My primary goals as the President/Editor-In-Chief of the chapter is to have an intersectionality approach to all of our content and to create a special bond between every team member in the chapter. Lover of corgis, guacamole, and intersectional feminism. I am so excited for this semester!