5 Reasons Why You Should Skip That Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

Let’s say you’re the best student out there and you never miss a class, even when you feel like you’re dying from an illness. But it’s important to remember that you need time for yourself sometimes and it’s okay to miss a class here and there. Here are five reasons why you should skip that class.

1) You’re allowed 2-3 unexcused absences

Use those to your advantage. Yeah, take one or two for a sick day, but give yourself an extra hour to sleep or to have that coffee date with that guy/girl you’ve been crushing on or a friend you haven’t seen all semester.

2) Mental health is important

Remember in High School when you would take a “mental health day” and just mope around the house all day in your PJ’s? Well, you can still do that! In college, your mental health is equally as important as your physical and emotional health. Take a day off, binge-watch that show on Netflix, and just relax – this day is for you.

3) You’re extremely tired

When you wake up and feel like you can barely even take on breakfast, chances are you can’t take on a full load of classes. You’ll find yourself falling asleep, head straight to the desk, in the middle of class. If you’re finding it hard to focus, to be attentive and be an active member in class, go back to bed for an hour or two and you’ll wake up more refreshed and ready to take your other classes head on.

4) You feel like death

It’s 2am, you’ve awoken yourself sneezing and coughing. Turn off your alarm(s), and take this day to recover. Head over to the Health Center, get a diagnosis, and get better! Grab some Halls, tea, your favorite blanket, and snuggle up in bed with your teddy bear and watch some good ole’ movies.

5) You just really don’t want to go to that class

That’s a-okay! You have those 2-3 unexcused absences, take one! Grab some GQ or Java, do some work, and go on over to your next class!

Marisa Rubin

Muhlenberg

Music, Netflix, and Food. The three most important things in life. Just a girl trying to figure out love and life - welcome to my mind. Stay Gold