10 Things Every 2000s Kid Remembers From Their Childhood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

If you’re having trouble figuring out whether or not you’re a 2000s kid, here’s a list of ten things that will definitely bring back the memories of the good ol’ days.

Silly Bandz

If you’ve ever lost circulation all the way up your arm or traded different animal silly bandz, you’re definitely a 2000s kid. One of the biggest tragedies was when they were banned from elementary school.

Razor Scooters

If you ever felt like hot shit rollin’ around on your razor scooter down the sidewalk, you could probably just stop reading this article now because you’re, without a doubt, a 2000s kid.

Webkinz

Did you have a massive collection of Webkinz flooding through your bed, or did you have to make a second Webkinz account online because you couldn’t add anymore to your first one? If so, then you’re definitely a 2000s kid. If anyone was wondering what my favorite game was on Webkinz, it was the fashion show one.

Tamagotchi

This is why more people want pets instead of children. Tamagotchi were the most annoying shits in the world. They were always whining saying they were either hungry or dying. Like what am I supposed to do about it? Yet, they were super addicting and fun to play with!

Heelys

Did anyone else feel like a badass when sneaking a quick roll down the hall in school? Even if you didn’t have the wheels in, people envied you if you wore Heelys because only a select type of mom allowed their kids to get them.

Disney Channel

O.G. Disney Shows only. None of this whack Austin and Ally or Jessie nonsense. I’m talking about That’s So Raven, Lizzie McGuire, Even Stevens – the good Disney shows. If you haven’t seen those, then you definitely cannot identify as a 00s Disney kid.

Polly Pocket

Polly Pocket was honestly so weird. A micro-sized version of Barbie with rubber clothing that was impossible to put on and irrelevant friends. But, if you played with Polly Pocket dolls, then you can totally claim yourself as a 00s kid.

Club Penguin

#RIPClubPenguin

Club Penguin was such an iconic game. Everyone was always jealous of that one friend whose parents would give them money for the game so that they’d have a decked out igloo and twenty puffles.

Online Barbie Games

If you never played an online Barbie game on barbie.com where you dressed Barbie up or gave her a makeover, you’re not a 2000s kid. Or maybe if you didn’t play Barbie online, I would hope that you played the My Scene Girl games, Polly Pocket, or Disney Channel.com games.

Playing Outside

Whether it was playing with chalk or on a playground, if you actually played outside and weren’t forced to, bless your heart. Rather than playing video games all day, we actually played outside regardless of the weather, and everyone always had a signature game they’d play. I was most definitely a big fan of playing house or power rangers (even though I literally never watched the show). 2000s kids were the last group to play outside without being told to do so, and we’ll miss it forever.

Jordyn Kamis

Muhlenberg '21

¯_(ツ)_/¯