On my block Netflix
On my block Netflix
Netflix

Netflix Original “On My Block” Is Coming Back For Its Second Season and We Can’t Wait

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MTSU chapter.

*Spoilers from season one ahead* 

Netflix released trailers and promo pics for the second season of its popular coming-of-age dramedy “On My Block” this week. “On My Block”  follows best friends Monse (Sierra Capri), Cesar (Diego Tinoco), Ruby (Jason Genao) and Jamal (Brett Gray) as they navigate high school and life in their Los Angeles neighborhood, and the first season finale left fans crying out for more. 

The show, which debuted on Netflix a year ago, left fans on such a startling cliffhanger of a season finale – beloved character Ruby and his crush Olivia (Ronni Hawk) were shot at Olivia’s quinceanera, and the fate of both was left unknown – until this week. The latest “On My Block” trailer shows Ruby up and walking (and celebrating Jamal’s discovery of the Roller World money). As for Olivia, we will just have to wait for the March 29th air date to see her fate and what’s next for Ruby, Jamal, Monse and Cesar. 

Morgan is a junior at Middle Tennessee State University and is the chapter co-founder and events manager for MTSU's Her Campus chapter. She's a Journalism major and Criminal Investigations minor - she dreams of being the next Keith Morrison. When Morgan's not writing articles or working the assignment desk for Middle Tennessee News on campus, you can probably find her reading, watching Netflix or playing The Sims.