This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MTSU chapter.

We’ve all experienced it – a Valentine’s Day surrounded by happy, sappy couples, while you sit in a corner, binge-eating a heart shaped box of chocolates you bought at Walmart for yourself. It can really suck being single on Valentine’s Day, especially if you’ve gone through a tough break-up recently. But it doesn’t have to be all bad; being single on Valentine’s day can be an opportunity to spoil yourself silly. This year, let’s celebrate the best kind of love there is – self-love.

First, gather your supplies – the best arrangement of unhealthy snacks (or healthy ones if you’re reallllly committed to your New Years Resolution), a face mask of your choosing (I personally LOVE these Walmart ones), and, if you’ve got one, a cuddly pet to keep you company. 

Next, find a comfy spot, because you’re gonna be spending at LEAST a couple hours here ~treatin’ yo self~. For me, it’ll be my bed in my dorm, covered in blankets with the essential oil diffuser on. Gotta love that cinnamon oil!

Finally, open up Netflix or Hulu and sit back, put on that face mask and relax. This is YOUR time, boo. Take a few hours to not worry about classes, or work, or that guy who won’t text you back – focus on Meredith Grey’s love life instead of your own for a change. Paint your nails, light some candles, look in the mirror and remind yourself that you’re beautiful with or without a guy by your side. It’s 2019, and it’s the year of taking care of ourselves. 

Morgan is a junior at Middle Tennessee State University and is the chapter co-founder and events manager for MTSU's Her Campus chapter. She's a Journalism major and Criminal Investigations minor - she dreams of being the next Keith Morrison. When Morgan's not writing articles or working the assignment desk for Middle Tennessee News on campus, you can probably find her reading, watching Netflix or playing The Sims.