leaves converse fall sneakers ground
leaves converse fall sneakers ground
Jackie Ryan / Her Campus

Fall Break Activites Inspired by Gilmore Girls Episodes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MTSU chapter.

For decades, Gilmore Girls has served as a source of wisdom, laughs, and heart-warming moments. Now, thanks to this post, the iconic show will give you some ideas on how to spend the best season of the year, Fall.

1. Season 3, Episode 4: “Road Trip to Harvard”

Go on a road trip!

For this option, you do not have to be running away from your problems like Lorelai was (but if you are, I 100% get it). I suggest taking a little day trip to a scenic area to take in all the fall magic nature has to offer.

2. Season 3, Episode 7: “Like Mother, Like Daughter”

Sign up for a club!

Hopefully the organization you join does not turn out to be a secret society that could ruin your reputation if you told anyone about it. Opt for something that piques your interest and gives you something fun to do in your free time!

3. Season 4, Episode 7: “The Fundamental Things Apply”

Redecorate!

New season, new you. It’s an ideal time to throw out the old and start fresh with the new. Paint your walls, buy a new comforter, or string up some cute fairy lights. If nothing else, you can do this to clear up some space to put an excessive amount of Halloween decorations.

4. Season 4, Episode 9: “Ted Koppler’s Big Night Out”

Go to a football game!

I am not a sports fan, but I will not judge you if you are. Fall is the perfect time to crowd around a grill and some coolers with friends and family without worrying about melting from the heat. Paint your face, eat some good food, and enjoy your team’s victory!

Last but not least is the activity that I did not even need a specific episode to cite:

5. Read!

If you know anything about Gilmore Girls, you know that Rory is constantly reading. Follow in her footsteps and reread some of your favorite novels or pick up something spooky to get into the Halloween spirit.

The girl who knows the name of every song and quotes too much from Tik Tok and Vine.