5 Channels on YouTube to Help you with Art

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MTSU chapter.

Something on Youtube that I am bound to watch are art channels. Here are some good channel finds that will help you with your artistic endeavors. 

SuperRaeDizzle

Rae is very helpful in helping you find quality art supplies. She tests out cheap and expensive art supplies. She is an advocate for cheap art supplies and shows that the dollar store brands can make quality work. Rae also tests “out there” art supplies to show that art can be created with numerous items.

Kasey Golden

I just recently found Kasey’s channel. From what I have watched so far, she is helpful with watercolor tips, exercises to get you thinking creatively, and she shows how to play with body type really well. As a novice watercolor user and one who is not very good with anatomy her videos really help.

Mira Byler

Mira is very motivational. She always stresses that product brands usually don’t matter. She also is very good for inspiration when you face artblock. From her challenge videos to her videos that explicitly say “Fun Ways to Fill a Sketchbook”, you are sure to find inspiration.

Draw with Jazza

Jazza shows the process of creativity really well. With his learning videos, he shows the full process. He works in the order watching instructional videos, practicing and planning, thumbnails, and then the final piece. He also shows that bouncing ideas off of people is a great thing to do. He does this with his audience on Twitch all the time.

The Drawfee Channel

I would say Drawfee is very helpful with prompts, and digital art. With all the challenges they do, you can see that inspiration can come from truly anywhere. I mean they made amazing pieces based off of Wikipedia articles. Also through their videos, you can see how they navigate Photoshop, unintentionally they have taught me a lot about digital art.

Sydney is a Visual Communications major at MTSU and a former co-correspondent to the MTSU HerCampus Chapter. She aspires to be a magazine designer or an illustrator. She also works as a designer for MTSU's school newspaper. In her free-time, she enjoys creating collages in photoshop while listening to Twenty One Pilots.