This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MTSU chapter.

Have you ever wondered what kinds of games you can play with friends that are either free or  only one of you needs to own? Here are three games that friend groups of varying sizes can play together to combat boredom.

Monster Prom

Monster Prom is a fun game to play by yourself or up to 4 people total where only one friend has to own the game! The owner of the game can stream the game and be in control of the cursor. The game is essentially where you are a monster going to a monster high school and prom is quickly approaching. All the characters are adults, and this game is *definitely* not for anyone under the age of 18. With wacky subplots, steamy dialogue, and the chance of taking your favorite monster to prom. There are 2 DLCs and plenty of custom content to expand upon this game to make it even more interesting. Each play through of the game is different from the last, allowing for endless fun.

Jackbox Games

With 7 total party packs with each including several games, Jackbox Games is a perfect variety pack of games to play that everyone will love. With games ranging from Quiplash with fill in the blank questions to Murder Trivia Party where you answer trivia questions with a murderous twists. To play only one person needs to stream their screen and everyone else joins on the browser to participate. The games range from allowing 4 players to 8, with allowing people to join the ‘audience’ where they can still participate but not fully within the game.

Among Us

I am sure at this point everyone has heard of the popular game Among Us. It is free to play if you download the mobile app and you can play with a variety of game modes. With allowing up to 10 players, a large group of plans can play. In this game you are either one of two things: a crewmate or an imposter. The crewmates must complete tasks in order to win, the imposter(s) need to kill all the crew mates before they finish their tasks. Even when you are dead you are able to continue playing as a ghost and complete your ghost tasks to help the crew mates.

Hello! I am the editor of the Her Campus at MTSU Student Chapter. Being an Animation major and Art minor at MTSU, I enjoy all things animated as well as creating digital art. I also love animals and own a dog, a cat, a rabbit, a parrot, and a dozen chickens. There is never a dull moment for me!