Why you should watch The Broken Hearts Gallery

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

The Broken Hearts Gallery is a great rom-com that was released in 2020 and recently became available to stream on Amazon Prime. I honestly fell in love with this movie because of how wholesome it is. In this article I’m going to tell you some of the reasons (spoiler-free, of course!) as to why I think you should watch this movie. 

We live in a weird, stressful time and this feel-good rom-com will just help make your day better. The story is set in New York City and has some beautiful shots of the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges. The movie has an amazing set design and the colors are so beautiful and bright. I love the whole aesthetic of this movie and fell in love with the color and charm of the cinematography. 

I also like how the main character is a POC who embraces herself for who she is and is unapologetic for her quirky habits. I like that she doesn’t conform to the traditional eurocentric beauty standards while still looking gorgeous!!! Even with her quirks and flaws, she is not unrealistically impractical like characters in some movies, and that makes her relatable. There is also LGBTQ+ representation in this movie and overall, all the characters are fantastic. Beautiful dialogues and an awesome soundtrack just add to my list of reasons as to why this movie is worth watching. 

The concept of The Broken Hearts Gallery is also one that I haven’t heard before and I found it unique and refreshing. In the movie, the gallery showcases memorabilia people have collected from their ex’s. I thought it was very cool and hope that someone incorporates this idea in real life because I’d totally be here for that! 

neon instagram sign with heart
Photo by Prateek Katyal from Unsplash

I can’t say more without ruining the movie for you so I’m just going to let you watch it and you can thank me later. 

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email hc.mtholyoke@hercampus.com.    

Imaane Patel

Mt Holyoke '24

Hi! I'm Imaane, a freshman at Mount Holyoke College. I enjoy photography, listening to music and binge watching tv shows amongst other things.
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.