What To Watch When You’ve Already Seen Everything

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

I’m sure everyone does this: log onto whatever streaming service you use and just scroll for what seems like hours without finding anything to watch! I know I’ve done this many times and am always tired of the search for something new. Sometimes it just seems like there is nothing that I want to watch available. As someone who is constantly watching TV, I thought I’d give some recommendations to those who’ve run out of things to watch. 

Little Women: Miniseries (2017)

Where to watch: AmazonPrime Video

One recommendation is to watch a remake of something you’ve already seen before. I know that Little Women (2019) is beloved on campus, and I thought that this would be something that people would enjoy. This miniseries more closely follows the novel and offers a more direct and even humorous retelling. It also stars Maya Hawk as Jo, if you need any more reasons to watch it. 

The Wheel of Time (2021)

Where to watch: AmazonPrime Video

This recommendation is for those who enjoy epic fantasy. I was in dire need of a new fantasy show while waiting for new seasons of The Witcher and The Umbrella Academy, and The Wheel of Time definitely meets that need. This show has a large cast of characters all of which are very easy to relate to or like. The world-building is so great; I love being immersed in a whole different world. This show isn’t as dark as Game of Thrones, it’s more along the lines of Lord of the Rings, but with a vastly different concept. It also has mostly undiscovered actors, which is great to see new faces on the screen. 

Station Eleven (2021)

Where to Watch: HBO Max

This one might not be everyone’s cup of tea, especially after the past few years. However, this show depicts a great sense of community in a time of need. It follows a traveling theater about twenty years after a virus wipes out most of the population. It goes between timelines to before and after the virus outbreak and it is very interesting to see how these people were connected before they even met. I also highly recommend the book, of the same title, that the show is based on. The book is less dramatized, and is more of a quiet reflection of the arts and humanity during hard times. 

Blown Away (2019)

Where to Watch: Netflix

If you ever wanted to see a very cool competition show, watch this! I had no idea all the techniques that went into glass blowing. This show is very therapeutic to watch; there are some shots of the glassblowers creating their pieces that are just so calming to see. It is also a little nail-biting, as one wrong move and their piece can shatter. It has the best of both worlds. Also, the contestants are all very creative and have such cool ideas. 

Barry (2018)

Where to Watch: Hulu and HBO Max

This is a dark comedy show, and the premise is so unique. It follows Barry, a depressed assassin whose current mark is an aspiring actor.Barry follows his target into an acting class and falls in love with acting. He wants to leave his criminal life behind to pursue acting, but soon realizes his old life is harder to leave than he thought. The acting in this show is phenomenal, and the show is actually funny. It actually makes me laugh, and not just a fake half-laugh. I highly recommend this show to fans of comedy or even action movies, I think it has something for everyone to enjoy. 

Hopefully, you have found something new to watch here, and if not I guess you can always rewatch an old favorite. Happy watching! 

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email hc.mtholyoke@hercampus.com.

Michaela Phelan

Mt Holyoke '22

I am an international relations and economics double major who just likes movies, books, and music!