This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

From drama to comedy, TV shows are what most people thrive on; just look at the success of Netflix. If you’re a college student like myself then you probably feel particularly attached to Netflix and other sources for entertainment. I know, you might be thinking I’m crazy for thinking you have the time amidst your busy schedule to be able to binge watch all of these shows. But, if you do find the time on the weekends, during study breaks, or when you’re simply procrastinating (ME..), then definitely check out these shows, because not only will they help you de-stress, but they will also keep you excited about something! I don’t know about you, but when I get hooked on a new TV show it finds a way to morph itself into my reality, so why not build your own new reality based off of a completely fictional show?

1. Stranger Things

You may have already binge-watched this show just like I did… But if you haven’t, then hop on the bandwagon, because it definitely lives up to the hype. If you’re not into scary, creepy shows, don’t fret because I bet you will still love Stranger Things. Although it is very creepy, it won’t keep you up at night. To give you a rundown of the show, without spoiling anything, Stranger Things is about a group of kids on a mission to find their missing friend. Along their journey they come across supernatural beings, creepy creatures, and lights that blink on their own… I know, it might sound bizarre, but if you find yourself with some free time in your schedule I definitely recommend this show over any other one on this list!

2. Sense 8

Okay, so I need to preface that this show is (definitely) intended for mature audiences, so if you’re not into on screen love scenes or nudity then maybe this isn’t the show for you. However, the show does have an amazing plot line that had me hooked from the first episode, which happens very rarely might I add. The story focuses on 8 people from all over the world, countries ranging from India to Germany, and shows the spiritual, otherworldly connection that they all share with each other. It’s action-packed, dramatic, funny at times, but most of all it shows how powerful human connection is. Season 1 is currently up on Netflix and Season 2 will be coming out this May.

3. The OA

The OA, despite its slow start, is by far the most interesting of all the shows on this list. The plotline is extremely complex, yet fantastically twisted at the same time. It’s one of those shows that constantly leaves you thinking about it because every episode leaves you on a cliffhanger that you would have never expected, so get ready to take a seat and seriously binge-watch the heck out of this series because you won’t be able to stop. However, there is really nothing comedic about the show, so don’t watch it if you’re in the mood for a good laugh, but the show is not depressing either. The storyline is intricate and has a varied level of emotions displayed, and the acting only adds to the impeccably written script.  If you brave the storm through the slow first couple episodes, I promise things will start to pick up and you will literally not be able to stop watching.

4. The Magicians

Based on the novel The Magicians, this show takes you into the lives of magic fanatics who aspire to become professional magicians. The show takes you into twists and turns as the characters are constantly on the search to figure out who the beast is and how to ultimately destroy him. The reason the show is so interesting, though, is because each character is so different from the next and has such a complex background. It definitely adds to the drama and magic of the show that will leave you hooked for more. Plus, once you’re done binge-watching the first season on Netflix then you can keep up with the second season that just came out this past January!

5. The Bachelor

The Bachelor will leave you cringing at moments, feeling hopelessly romantic at others, and then feeling emotionally attached to specific people (ahem…. Rachel is clearly the winner). Although the latest season has already began, it is only about six episodes in, leaving you the perfect amount of time to catch up. So, who do you think will win?

1. 2. 3. 4. 5.

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email mt-holyoke@hercampus.com.

Just your average teenage girl living life in College, but with the occasional and very honest stories about the harsh and surprising realities of school. To sum me up in one sentence I would have to say I'm initially shy and introverted but once you get to know me I can really open up and make you laugh! I love veggies, animals, theatre, dance, lifting, running, and Selena Gomez's new album, she's bae. I also love snapchat and instagram so you should follow me @camik14
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.