This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

Wearing lipstick every day is an essential part of my daily routine. During my high school years in Vietnam, as my classes started in the afternoon, I had more time to prepare myself before class. Vietnamese girls love lipstick, especially those in matte bright colors such as pumpkin, brick red and dried rose, and they dare to rock it everyday. I did too. However, nowadays when I am busier with morning classes, I have switched to a low-maintenance lip product: lip tint. Below are my three favorite drugstore lip tints that have been the treasures in my makeup bag.

1. Innisfree My Lip Balm. – $9

Korean beauty is super accessible in Vietnam, and Vietnamese beauty is also heavily inspired by that from Korea. Innisfree is famous among Vietnamese girls, and I also love this budget-friendly brand so much. Innisfree My Lip Balm comes with 9 colors and three additional clear shades with flavors: mint, vanilla, and lemon. My go-to shade is No. 9 Very Berry Tea, a reddish plum hue that looks quite rosy on me when I sheer it out with my fingers. I also use what’s leftover on my fingers as a blush balm, which makes me look more awake whenever I don’t have enough sleep. This rosy color will also look great on tan skin, as it will give a rosy effect to the cheeks as if the sun just kissed you. The most impressive feature of this balm is its heavy-duty moisture that can nourish severely dry lips.

2.  EOS Dazzling Ruby Tint. – $4.99

This cute egg packaging is very familiar to us. Although EOS has only one red shade, this color can look universally flattering on every skin tone. In the tube, the color looks super pigmented, which can intimidate you. However, it is actually a medium red with a quite neutral undertone, so you won’t be afraid of whether it is too bright or too intense. You can still layer it to develop a lollipop red tint which will brighten your complexion. The formula is quite waxy, but balmy enough to lightly moisturize your lips. Thus, it feels comfortable when you are wearing it, and works great as a prep balm for any red lipstick.

3. Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer. – $4.99

This lip balm has the most color payoff compared to those in this list. The intense color payoff in this thin tube will be your life saviour when you want an instant bold lips look for a Friday night out, or when you look exhausted because of late night homework and morning classes. A touch of shimmer from this lip balm adds definition to your pout. My favorite shade is Rhubarb, a watermelon pink shade. There is a wide range of colors, from peachy nude to tomato cherry for you to choose. I also fall head over heels for this balm because of its minty flavour that gives my lips a refreshing feeling once it is applied.

Despite being a girl who loves bold lips colors, I still believe in the magic of tinted lip balm. Providing hydration and a soft veil of color on my lips and cheeks, lip balm is my best bet for my everyday on-the-go look. Nothing is better than having a nourishing rosy lips to welcome the spring.

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email mt-holyoke@hercampus.com.

Photo: 1 2 3

Thien An (she/her/hers) is currently a junior at Mount Holyoke College, majoring in English, with a minor in History.
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.