Three K-Pop Songs That Will Make You Feel Happier Every Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

We’re almost done with this semester and summer will be here before we know it. However, this also means that we are about to prepare for final examinations and to worry about next semester’s plans. As K-pop is gaining massive global attention, more people are appreciating the music’s positive vibes. To help you get through this stressful time, I have included three of my favorite K-pop songs that have motivated me through the years. 

1. “Super Power Girl” by Every Single Day. 

“Stay strong super power girl

Don’t falter anymore

Show your invincible power

With all you’ve got.” 

This song is in the original soundtrack of the famous South Korean television series Strong Girl Bong-soon, which is one of my favorite K-Dramas of all time. This fantasy romance drama centered upon the story of a woman who possessed a superhuman strength (Park Bo-young); however, she does not always see it as a gift. “Super Power Girl” is a reminder to embrace our differences and see them as uniqueness. The song encourages authenticity, boldness and mental strength. 

2. “Blooming Day” by EXO-CBX. 

“Today, I feel blue

Feeling like I’m trapped, that kind of mood

But you’re the master key who’ll unlock me

Your joyful colors change my days.” 

Even the name of the song makes me feel positive every day, without having to listen to it. EXO is my favorite boy group in K-pop and EXO-CBX is a subunit of it. Watching the music video, you will be amazed by the members’ powerful choreography and by the dreamy setting. The lyrics are about  a love story. As a person who likes spending time alone, I was urged to think of the importance of having companionship my life. Friends are the ones who can fill your day with joy and laughter.  

3. “Into The New World” by Girls’ Generation. 

“I love you, just like this.

The longed end of wandering.

I leave behind this world’s unending sadness.

Walking the many and unknowable paths, I follow a dim light.

It’s something we’ll do together to the end, into the new world.”

Every K-Pop fan is undoubtedly familiar with this legendary song. This debut single imparts in listeners the courage to confront challenges and to leave sadness behind to seek happiness. Girls’ Generation’s fan club, which is called SONE, considers this song to be its anthem. Additionally, this song was sung by university students in public squares during the 2016-17 South Korean protests against President Park Geun-hye, who was involved in a political scandal. 

Photos: 1 2 3 4 5 6 

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email mt-holyoke@hercampus.com.

Thien An (she/her/hers) is currently a junior at Mount Holyoke College, majoring in English, with a minor in History.
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.